— "Titanfall" (for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC; March 11, 2014): "Call of Duty" meets "Transformers" in "Titanfall." The developers at Repawn Entertainment, many of whom worked on the landmark "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare," are equipping wannabe supersoldiers with gigantic mechanized robot suits in an always-online shooter exclusive to Microsoft systems.
— "Tom Clancy's The Division" (for PlayStation 4, Xbox One; winter 2014): Don't touch that cash! After a disease spread on Black Friday leaves the United States in turmoil, players must navigate a chaotic, snowy New York as a deep undercover operative in this tactical online shooter that incorporates elements from both the survival and role-playing genres.
— "Watch Dogs" (for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC; spring 2014): Interactive art imitates real-life in this surveillance-themed action-adventure romp centering on vigilante Aiden Pearce. With the touch of his smarter-than-smartphone, he can hack into cameras, computers, traffic lights and power grids throughout a high-tech Chicago.
Other games anticipated this year: stealthy prologue "Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes,"; gothic role-playing sequel "Dark Souls II"; developer Techland's "Dead Island" follow-up, "Dying Light"; crowd-funded, point-and-click adventure "Dreamfall Chapters"; Telltale Games' interactive "Game of Thrones"; and a new "Halo" built for the Xbox One.
What games are you most looking forward to this year? Tell AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 20
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 13
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 12