— "Titanfall" (for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC; March 11, 2014): "Call of Duty" meets "Transformers" in "Titanfall." The developers at Repawn Entertainment, many of whom worked on the landmark "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare," are equipping wannabe supersoldiers with gigantic mechanized robot suits in an always-online shooter exclusive to Microsoft systems.
— "Tom Clancy's The Division" (for PlayStation 4, Xbox One; winter 2014): Don't touch that cash! After a disease spread on Black Friday leaves the United States in turmoil, players must navigate a chaotic, snowy New York as a deep undercover operative in this tactical online shooter that incorporates elements from both the survival and role-playing genres.
— "Watch Dogs" (for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC; spring 2014): Interactive art imitates real-life in this surveillance-themed action-adventure romp centering on vigilante Aiden Pearce. With the touch of his smarter-than-smartphone, he can hack into cameras, computers, traffic lights and power grids throughout a high-tech Chicago.
Other games anticipated this year: stealthy prologue "Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes,"; gothic role-playing sequel "Dark Souls II"; developer Techland's "Dead Island" follow-up, "Dying Light"; crowd-funded, point-and-click adventure "Dreamfall Chapters"; Telltale Games' interactive "Game of Thrones"; and a new "Halo" built for the Xbox One.
What games are you most looking forward to this year? Tell AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Ben Barnes, Katherine Heigl in tune in...
- Living with Children: Late nights, not school...
- 32 teens escape from Nashville detention center
- Video purports to show second beheading of US...
- AP Analysis: Putin digs in for long Ukraine...
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants to hit US
- No gray area: Beliefs shape firm, disparate...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 73
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants... 22
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 17
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 12
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12