GRAND FORKS, N.D. — Troy Huff scored 25 points and hauled in 11 rebounds to help North Dakota edge Southern Utah 65-61 on Thursday night.
Huff, 9 of 16 from the field with two 3-pointers, got help from Jamal Webb, who scored all 14 of his points in the second half and gave North Dakota (4-8, 1-1 Big Sky) the go-ahead score with 2:04 left. North Dakota trailed 37-36 at the half but the kept the game close and secured the win with a 9-4 spurt in the final minutes.
It was Southern Utah's debut Big Sky Conference game.
The Thunderbirds (1-9, 0-1) built a 25-16 lead in the first half with a 9-0 run that was snapped by a Huff 3-pointer and couldn't hold off North Dakota down the stretch.
Trey Kennedy led Southern Utah with 20 points and John Marshall contributed 10.
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to ponder as the Aggies head to fall...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon State opens the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20