GRAND FORKS, N.D. — Troy Huff scored 25 points and hauled in 11 rebounds to help North Dakota edge Southern Utah 65-61 on Thursday night.
Huff, 9 of 16 from the field with two 3-pointers, got help from Jamal Webb, who scored all 14 of his points in the second half and gave North Dakota (4-8, 1-1 Big Sky) the go-ahead score with 2:04 left. North Dakota trailed 37-36 at the half but the kept the game close and secured the win with a 9-4 spurt in the final minutes.
It was Southern Utah's debut Big Sky Conference game.
The Thunderbirds (1-9, 0-1) built a 25-16 lead in the first half with a 9-0 run that was snapped by a Huff 3-pointer and couldn't hold off North Dakota down the stretch.
Trey Kennedy led Southern Utah with 20 points and John Marshall contributed 10.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34