GRAND FORKS, N.D. — Troy Huff scored 25 points and hauled in 11 rebounds to help North Dakota edge Southern Utah 65-61 on Thursday night.
Huff, 9 of 16 from the field with two 3-pointers, got help from Jamal Webb, who scored all 14 of his points in the second half and gave North Dakota (4-8, 1-1 Big Sky) the go-ahead score with 2:04 left. North Dakota trailed 37-36 at the half but the kept the game close and secured the win with a 9-4 spurt in the final minutes.
It was Southern Utah's debut Big Sky Conference game.
The Thunderbirds (1-9, 0-1) built a 25-16 lead in the first half with a 9-0 run that was snapped by a Huff 3-pointer and couldn't hold off North Dakota down the stretch.
Trey Kennedy led Southern Utah with 20 points and John Marshall contributed 10.
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah's Wright chooses a challenging path
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25