GRAND FORKS, N.D. — Troy Huff scored 25 points and hauled in 11 rebounds to help North Dakota edge Southern Utah 65-61 on Thursday night.
Huff, 9 of 16 from the field with two 3-pointers, got help from Jamal Webb, who scored all 14 of his points in the second half and gave North Dakota (4-8, 1-1 Big Sky) the go-ahead score with 2:04 left. North Dakota trailed 37-36 at the half but the kept the game close and secured the win with a 9-4 spurt in the final minutes.
It was Southern Utah's debut Big Sky Conference game.
The Thunderbirds (1-9, 0-1) built a 25-16 lead in the first half with a 9-0 run that was snapped by a Huff 3-pointer and couldn't hold off North Dakota down the stretch.
Trey Kennedy led Southern Utah with 20 points and John Marshall contributed 10.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- College football countdown No. 45: Harvey Unga
- BYU quarterback Taysom Hill explains why he's...
- Rock On: Aussie rules for everyone; RSL's...
- Big Sky Conference football: T-Birds,...
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12...
- Young cancer patient gives former Cougar Kyle...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 65
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 60
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 48
- Annual instate college basketball... 37