GRAND FORKS, N.D. — Troy Huff scored 25 points and hauled in 11 rebounds to help North Dakota edge Southern Utah 65-61 on Thursday night.
Huff, 9 of 16 from the field with two 3-pointers, got help from Jamal Webb, who scored all 14 of his points in the second half and gave North Dakota (4-8, 1-1 Big Sky) the go-ahead score with 2:04 left. North Dakota trailed 37-36 at the half but the kept the game close and secured the win with a 9-4 spurt in the final minutes.
It was Southern Utah's debut Big Sky Conference game.
The Thunderbirds (1-9, 0-1) built a 25-16 lead in the first half with a 9-0 run that was snapped by a Huff 3-pointer and couldn't hold off North Dakota down the stretch.
Trey Kennedy led Southern Utah with 20 points and John Marshall contributed 10.
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Poppinga has endured dark times before, hopes...
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham concerned about...
- BYU football: Jamaal Williams provides...
- Utes have an array of bowl possibilities
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 41
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 32