KEARNS — U.S. speedskating nominated the athletes who will represent the United States at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. The nominations are based on how the athletes finished in Olympic Trial races the past five days.
The women nominated to the team are: Brittany Bowe, Ocala Fla.; Heather Richardson, High Point, N.C.; Lauren Cholewinski, Rock Hill, S.C.; Kelly Gunther, Lorain, Ohio; Anna Ringsred, Duluth, Minn.; Jilleanne Rookard, Woodhaven, Mich.; Sugar Todd, Milwaukee, Wis.; and Maria Lamb, River Falls, Wis.
The men nominated to the squad are: Shani Davis, Chicago, Ill.; Tucker Fredricks, Janesville, N.C.; Jonathan Garcia, Houston, Texas; Brian Hansen, Glenville, Ill.; Jonathan Kuck, Champaign, Ill.; Emery Lehman, Oak Park, Ill.; Joey Mantia, Ocala, Fla.; Patrick Meek, Chicago, Il.; Mitchell Whitmore, Waukesha, Wis.
All of the nominations are subject to final approval by the United States Olympic Committee.
The short track Olympic Trials begin today with time trials. Races begin on Friday at the Utah Olympic Oval.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 64
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51