KEARNS — U.S. speedskating nominated the athletes who will represent the United States at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. The nominations are based on how the athletes finished in Olympic Trial races the past five days.
The women nominated to the team are: Brittany Bowe, Ocala Fla.; Heather Richardson, High Point, N.C.; Lauren Cholewinski, Rock Hill, S.C.; Kelly Gunther, Lorain, Ohio; Anna Ringsred, Duluth, Minn.; Jilleanne Rookard, Woodhaven, Mich.; Sugar Todd, Milwaukee, Wis.; and Maria Lamb, River Falls, Wis.
The men nominated to the squad are: Shani Davis, Chicago, Ill.; Tucker Fredricks, Janesville, N.C.; Jonathan Garcia, Houston, Texas; Brian Hansen, Glenville, Ill.; Jonathan Kuck, Champaign, Ill.; Emery Lehman, Oak Park, Ill.; Joey Mantia, Ocala, Fla.; Patrick Meek, Chicago, Il.; Mitchell Whitmore, Waukesha, Wis.
All of the nominations are subject to final approval by the United States Olympic Committee.
The short track Olympic Trials begin today with time trials. Races begin on Friday at the Utah Olympic Oval.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14