KEARNS — U.S. speedskating nominated the athletes who will represent the United States at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. The nominations are based on how the athletes finished in Olympic Trial races the past five days.
The women nominated to the team are: Brittany Bowe, Ocala Fla.; Heather Richardson, High Point, N.C.; Lauren Cholewinski, Rock Hill, S.C.; Kelly Gunther, Lorain, Ohio; Anna Ringsred, Duluth, Minn.; Jilleanne Rookard, Woodhaven, Mich.; Sugar Todd, Milwaukee, Wis.; and Maria Lamb, River Falls, Wis.
The men nominated to the squad are: Shani Davis, Chicago, Ill.; Tucker Fredricks, Janesville, N.C.; Jonathan Garcia, Houston, Texas; Brian Hansen, Glenville, Ill.; Jonathan Kuck, Champaign, Ill.; Emery Lehman, Oak Park, Ill.; Joey Mantia, Ocala, Fla.; Patrick Meek, Chicago, Il.; Mitchell Whitmore, Waukesha, Wis.
All of the nominations are subject to final approval by the United States Olympic Committee.
The short track Olympic Trials begin today with time trials. Races begin on Friday at the Utah Olympic Oval.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- How about a Utah-BYU matchup in NCAA tournament?
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 102
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 76
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27