KEARNS — U.S. speedskating nominated the athletes who will represent the United States at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. The nominations are based on how the athletes finished in Olympic Trial races the past five days.
The women nominated to the team are: Brittany Bowe, Ocala Fla.; Heather Richardson, High Point, N.C.; Lauren Cholewinski, Rock Hill, S.C.; Kelly Gunther, Lorain, Ohio; Anna Ringsred, Duluth, Minn.; Jilleanne Rookard, Woodhaven, Mich.; Sugar Todd, Milwaukee, Wis.; and Maria Lamb, River Falls, Wis.
The men nominated to the squad are: Shani Davis, Chicago, Ill.; Tucker Fredricks, Janesville, N.C.; Jonathan Garcia, Houston, Texas; Brian Hansen, Glenville, Ill.; Jonathan Kuck, Champaign, Ill.; Emery Lehman, Oak Park, Ill.; Joey Mantia, Ocala, Fla.; Patrick Meek, Chicago, Il.; Mitchell Whitmore, Waukesha, Wis.
All of the nominations are subject to final approval by the United States Olympic Committee.
The short track Olympic Trials begin today with time trials. Races begin on Friday at the Utah Olympic Oval.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34