Matt Gade, Deseret News
BRIGHTON 48, ARMY/NAVY, CALIF. 31
AMERICAN LEADERSHIP 59, MUCKLESHOOT, WASH. 31: Neil Davis and Hudson Chapple combined for 30 points, as American Leadership easily cruised to victory over Muckleshoot, Washington in the San Diego Surf N' Slam tournament.
MORGAN 79, RIVERTON 75: Ben Saunders scored 21 points and Garren Miles added 20 as 3A's Morgan upset host Riverton in the semifinal of the Riverton Holiday Tournament in overtime. Jeff Arens scored 23 points and buried five 3-pointers in the loss for Riverton.
NORTHRIDGE 57, CYPRUS 27:
TIMPANOGOS 84, SUMMIT ACADEMY 50: The Timberwolves used defensive pressure and a broad team effort wot wear down Summit Academy at the Riverton Holiday Tournament. Four players reached double figures to parry a huge game from the Bears' Zach Scott (32 points). Timpanogos also got big efforts off the bench from Clark Edwards, and Griffin Bodine.
SKYLINE 65, MURRAY 44: Alex Meldrum finished with 16 points and seven rebounds, as Skyline opened the second half with a 20-6 third quarter that left Murray in the dust.
COPPER HILLS 62, GIG HARBOR, WASH. 61: Trevor Hoffman made both of his free throws with eight seconds remaining to help Copper Hills narrowly defeat Gig Harbor, Wash. in the championship game of the San Diego Surf N' Slam tournament. Preston Sanchez was named the MVP of the tournament.
TOOELE 50, OGDEN 36: The Buffaloes opened up both halves with runs of 11-4 and 15-7, respectively, as Justin Pollmann produced 20 points to lead Tooele to victory.
SPANISH FORK 72, HUNTER 58: Taylor Parker and Hayes Hall both scored 15 points, and Moses Eyere and Benson Rhees added 14 as Spanish Fork used strong second and third quarters to pull away from Hunter. Noah Togiai scored 30 points in the loss for the Wolverines.
SUNNYSLOPE, ARIZ. 57, AMERICAN FORK 51
PLEASANT GROVE 60, GREAT OAKS, CALIF. 54: Matt Conway poured in 21 points, while Riley Court added 17 points to help Pleasant Grove rally to win the championship game of the MaxPreps Holiday Classic. Conway was named tournament MVP.
JUAN DIEGO 55, LAYTON 52: Juan Diego managed to hold off a late rally by Layton, and behind 19 points from Gabe Colosimo were able to take a victory in the consolation bracket. Jarriesse Blackmon and Mike Hibbert each scored 16 points in the Lancers loss.
TIMPVIEW 75, KEARNS 62: Gavin Baxter scored 22 points and Timpview withstood a late Kearns rally on its way to the semifinal victory at the Riverton Holiday Tournament. The T-Birds led by as many as 17 in the third quarter, but Kearns cut that deficit to 56-54 with 4:28 remaining in the game thanks in large part to 31 points and seven 3-pointers from Dacraeon Vines.
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit smiles...
- Tournament central: 5A boys quarterfinals...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for Wasatch...
- High school boys basketball: Davis survives...
- High school boys basketball: American Fork...
- High school boys basketball: Pleasant Grove...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in pivotal...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 79
- Jimmer Fredette makes debut with... 68
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 54
- UteLinks: A look at Utah's RPI breakdown 52
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 50
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 44
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 39
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 27