Carolyn Kaster, Associated Press
HONOLULU — President Barack Obama has begun his annual winter vacation in Hawaii.
The president, first lady Michelle Obama and daughters Sasha and Malia landed in Honolulu shortly before midnight local time. Their two dogs, Sunny and Bo, joined them aboard Air Force One.
Obama has no public events scheduled while he's in Hawaii. On previous trips, he's enjoyed regular rounds of golf, visits to restaurants and family trips to get shave ice, a Hawaiian version of a snow cone.
Last year, gridlock in Congress forced Obama to return to Washington the day after Christmas. This year the Obamas are hoping their vacation will go uninterrupted.
The president, who was born in Hawaii, is scheduled to be in Honolulu through Jan. 5.
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 27
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 20
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14