PROVO 42, TOOELE 32: Provo used a 17-7 run in the second quarter to squeeze past Tooele at home. Noa Talia-Masuda led all scorers with 20 points while Emily Heaton added 12 more to power the home team.
GREEN RIVER, WYO. 41, RICH 36: Cami Lamborn scored 12 points for Rich, but the Lady Rebels couldn't recover from the early deficit it found itself in.
AMERICAN FORK 67, HILLCREST 40: American Fork jumped out to a 16-point lead at the break to blow past Hillcrest on the road. American Fork had 11 different players find the box score, led by Jenna Shepherd's 15 points, six assists and four rebounds. Myrsa McVey scored a game-high 22 points in the loss.
LONE PEAK 45, GRANGER 44: Lone Peak ended up ahead in what turned out to be a defensive battle in the second half. Kelsey McCann led all scorers with 25 points.
COPPER HILLS 60, NORTHRIDGE 52: Shirten Wissinger had 18 points and Sarah Midgley added 11 points in the win for Copper Hills.
RIVERTON 53, DAVIS 38: Riverton opened the game on a 16-2 run and cruised the rest of the way to blow past Davis on the road. Four players reached double figures for the Silverwolves, led by Shelby Richards with a game-high 15 points.
PANGUITCH 69, PAHRANAGAT VALLEY, NEV. 23: Panguitch's swarming defense helped the Bobcats take a commanding lead and cruise past Pahranagat Valley, Nev. in the Cactus Classic. Whittni Orton poured in 21 points while Taylor Bennett and Chesney Campbell each added 16 apiece in the dismantling victory.
DESERT HILLS 68, ALTA 52:
COTTONWOOD 39, EAST 26: Nicole Christensen nailed four 3-pointers Friday night, and finished with a game-high 15 points to help Cottonwood hand East its fifth consecutive loss.
BINGHAM 54, SPANISH FORK 49: Madison Loftus shot the lights out, knocking down five 3-pointers in an 23 point performance in the Miners' victory over Spanish Fork.
WESTLAKE 47, SALEM HILLS 37: Macie Peterson led Westlake with 14 points, as the visiting side improved to 6-1 with the big win over Salem Hills.
DIXIE 51, DESERT OASIS, NEV. 36: Dixie opened the second half on a 12-4 run to take 12-point lead and held on in the fourth to knock off Desert Oasis, Nev. in the Lady Bulldog Invitational. Liz Empey led all scorers with 24 points and 11 boards in the win.
ROCKWELL 48, WEST RIDGE ACADEMY 39: Rockwell opened the game on a 23-6 tear to pick up the road victory against West Ridge Academy. Anga Anquin torched the Eagles for a game-high 23 points and four treys in the win. Lila Tuttle led the way for the home team with 21 points in the loss.
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- New York Jets waive former BYU quarterback...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- Friday night lights: Live coverage of the...
- Langi, Tuiloma to help anchor middle of BYU's...
- BYU football position preview: The...
- Dick Harmon: BYU workhorse running back Nate...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 68
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 59
- Morning links: Cougars examined by USA... 56
- Rock On: Sarkisian runs afoul of BYU... 39
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 27