Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
DESERT HILLS 48, CEDAR 40: Quincy Matthews and Trey Tanner combined for 22 points and 13 rebounds for the Thunder. For Cedar in the loss, Kordan Nielson led all scorers with 15 points and four boards.
SNOW CANYON 72, PINE VIEW 66: The Warriors nearly doubled the Pine View scoring output in the second quarter to pull away with the Region 9 victory. In the loss, Kody Wilstead led the Panthers with 11 points and 17 rebounds.
HURRICANE 54, DIXIE 53: Austen Beatty and Kaden Langston scored 12 and 10 points, respectively, as the Tigers eked out the narrow victory. Dixies Sam Guymon had a game-high 19 points with three 3-pointers in the loss.
WENDOVER 69, MOUNT VERNON 41
PANGUITCH 85, MILFORD 37: Tyce Barney knocked in a game-best 29 points with nine rebounds and five steals to lead the Bobcats in the high-scoring victory. Trey Barney added 13 points and seven boards in the win.
DAVIS 78, JUDGE MEMORIAL 56: Jesse Wade scored 23 points while Elijah Kletzli chipped in with 20 points and nine rebounds to lead Davis past Judge. The Darts pulled away with excellent defense in the second quarter.
WATERFORD 53, INTERMOUNTAIN CHRISTIAN 21: Nine different Waterford players scored and five different players hit 3-pointers as the Ravens won easily in a well-balanced attack.
BOX ELDER 63, COPPER HILLS 62: Darius McFarland clinched the Box Elder victory with a buzzer beater from 12 feet out. McFarland and Daniel Didiercksen scored 10 points apiece while Jeff Sever and Shad Watson led with 15 points each. For the Grizzlies in the loss, Preston Sanchez had a team-best 14 points while Mitch Eyre and Porter Hawkins each scored 10 points.
GUNNISON 59, SOUTH SEVIER 50: The Bulldogs knocked down 11 3-pointers as a team, led by four from Drake Reynolds in the nonregion win. In the loss, South Sevier had seven 3s, led by five from Dyson Heath.
BEAVER 56, PINNACLE 30: Two players reached double digits in the Beaver victory.
DELTA 54, NORTH SANPETE 51: Karson Brunson totaled a game-best 20 points and hit two 3-pointers as the Rabbits eked out the narrow victory at home.
DUCHESNE 62, MAESER PREP 50: Duchesnes Trent Roberts had a team-high 20 points and Alex Gatherum totaled 17 with three 3-pointers to lead the Eagles on the road. Griffin Garner tallied a game-best 30 points with two 3s for Maeser Prep in the loss.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Gauging their market value: Jazz trade value...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the latest...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer Longson:...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 66
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU's Mendenhall addresses Big 12... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 29
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 19