RYAN PAULEY, Judge Memorial, basketball : This senior came oh so close to racking up a triple-double last week.
The forward tallied 29 points, nine rebounds and eight assists in powering undefeated Judge to the 59-45 victory over Hillcrest.
He also chipped in with two blocks, three deflections and four 3-pointers.
"Ryan is one of the hardest working kids I have ever coached. What he has achieved so far in his basketball career is a credit to his work ethic and his individual talent," said Judge coach Dan Del Porto. "In addition, his ability to play both on the perimeter and in the post makes him very tough to defend."
Pauley is averaging 14.5 ppg and 8.5 rpg this year.
HALEY BODNAR, Desert Hills, basketball: At 6-foot-4, Desert Hills senior Haley Bodnar is built for basketball.
But it's her athleticism and work ethic that have turned her into one of the state's best post players.
"She' s strong and got great hands, and just an all-around good athlete," said Desert Hills head coach Chris Allred. "She can run well, jump well, and she handles the ball well for a girl her size."
The senior, who committed to play for Purdue last month, is averaging nearly 15 points per game.
"Skill wise, her greatest strength is something you don't see a lot of players, girls or boys, being able to do, and that's score with her back to the basket," Allred said. "That's something she's continually developed and gotten better at, over her four years."
Bodnar is a three-year starter who's also a captain for the team this season.
"She's not a real out-spoken player, but she's one that everyone respects," he said. "She's very caring of her teammates. She's not one to ever put herself first."
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33