Kaepernick kept San Francisco's long fourth-quarter march going with a 12-yard pass to Crabtree on third-and-12, then scrambled for 10 yards on third-and-6 for a first down at the Bucs 19. The drive eventually stalled at the 3, where the 49ers settled for Dawson's kick.
Eric Page fielded the ensuing kickoff, started up one side before heading across the field where he attempted to hand the ball to Russell Shepard on a reverse. Shepard lost the ball as he slipped to the ground, and Hunter made a nice to play to scoop it up on the run and score for a 30-14 lead.
Crabtree's return from a torn right Achilles tendon that sidelined him the first 11 games of the season has given San Francisco's offense, last in the league passing yardage, a lift. The speedy receiver averaged 18 yards per reception in his first two games back and had five catches for 45 yards, including his first quarter TD on Sunday.
Kaepernick set up the first score of the game with a couple of nifty third-down conversions, scrambling for 17 yards on third-and-8 on one and throwing 5 yards to Bruce Miller on third-and-3 on the other.
"''Kaepernick really put on his cape. A couple of those conversions ... there's not a lot of people that can make those kind of plays that he was making with his feet, his arm and with his head," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said. "Who's able to do that that's playing in this league? Very few guys."
NOTES: Dawson extended his franchise-record streak of consecutive successful field-goal attempts to 24. ... Bucs DT Gerald McCoy had his eighth sack. ... Glennon was sacked four times.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20