CEDAR CITY — Roscoe Smith scored 12 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, as four UNLV players reached double figures in a 73-51 victory over Southern Utah on Saturday night.
UNLV (4-4) closed the first half on an 11-4 run, led by two 3-pointers from Christian Wood to take a 38-23 halftime lead. The Runnin' Rebels continued to roll in the second half, leading by as many as 24.
Smith entered the game leading the nation in rebounding, and has grabbed at least 10 rebounds in seven of UNLV's first eight games.
Jelan Kendrick also scored 12 points for the Runnin' Rebels. Kevin Olekaibe and Bryce Dejean-Jones each added 11.
Jaren Jeffery and Trey Kennedy each scored 10 points to lead Southern Utah (1-6).
UNLV rebounded from a 63-58 loss at No. 1 Arizona, winning its first road contest of the season. The Runnin' Rebels opened the season with six straight home games.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- College football countdown No. 38: Utah...
- 10 local storylines to follow as NFL training...
- Rock On: Props for Mitt and 'Tag
- USU football: Utah State heading to Mountain...
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise; is BYU...
- College football countdown No. 37: Utah State...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 60
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 55
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 54
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 40
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 25
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 15