CEDAR CITY — Roscoe Smith scored 12 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, as four UNLV players reached double figures in a 73-51 victory over Southern Utah on Saturday night.
UNLV (4-4) closed the first half on an 11-4 run, led by two 3-pointers from Christian Wood to take a 38-23 halftime lead. The Runnin' Rebels continued to roll in the second half, leading by as many as 24.
Smith entered the game leading the nation in rebounding, and has grabbed at least 10 rebounds in seven of UNLV's first eight games.
Jelan Kendrick also scored 12 points for the Runnin' Rebels. Kevin Olekaibe and Bryce Dejean-Jones each added 11.
Jaren Jeffery and Trey Kennedy each scored 10 points to lead Southern Utah (1-6).
UNLV rebounded from a 63-58 loss at No. 1 Arizona, winning its first road contest of the season. The Runnin' Rebels opened the season with six straight home games.
- Quiz: How much do you really know about BYU...
- BYU football media day: Live coverage
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: How well do you remember BYU's 1984...
- Sitake making transition from longtime...
- Utes have a lot of depth on the defensive line
- About Utah: Miracle Bowl BYU receiver Ryan...
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans proclaimed...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18