CEDAR CITY — Roscoe Smith scored 12 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, as four UNLV players reached double figures in a 73-51 victory over Southern Utah on Saturday night.
UNLV (4-4) closed the first half on an 11-4 run, led by two 3-pointers from Christian Wood to take a 38-23 halftime lead. The Runnin' Rebels continued to roll in the second half, leading by as many as 24.
Smith entered the game leading the nation in rebounding, and has grabbed at least 10 rebounds in seven of UNLV's first eight games.
Jelan Kendrick also scored 12 points for the Runnin' Rebels. Kevin Olekaibe and Bryce Dejean-Jones each added 11.
Jaren Jeffery and Trey Kennedy each scored 10 points to lead Southern Utah (1-6).
UNLV rebounded from a 63-58 loss at No. 1 Arizona, winning its first road contest of the season. The Runnin' Rebels opened the season with six straight home games.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34