Newspaper system causes printing delays for multiple Utah newspapers; morning delivery delayed to afternoon
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
The printing facilities at the Newspaper Agency Company of Salt Lake City had a system failure in the page loading system Friday night and delayed the printing of three major local newspapers.
Saturday morning, subscribers of the Deseret News, The Salt Lake Tribune, and the Daily Herald did not receive their morning newspaper.
Printing was moved to the presses of the Ogden Standard-Examiner and newspaper delivery for the affected newspapers will be delayed until the afternoon.
Brent Low of the Newspaper Agency Company said this is a very rare system failure and apologized to the subscribers of the newspapers.
"We hope to have this problem corrected today so that our readers can expect on-time delivery to resume Sunday morning," said Brent Low, president of the Newspaper Agency Company.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14