Newspaper system causes printing delays for multiple Utah newspapers; morning delivery delayed to afternoon
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
The printing facilities at the Newspaper Agency Company of Salt Lake City had a system failure in the page loading system Friday night and delayed the printing of three major local newspapers.
Saturday morning, subscribers of the Deseret News, The Salt Lake Tribune, and the Daily Herald did not receive their morning newspaper.
Printing was moved to the presses of the Ogden Standard-Examiner and newspaper delivery for the affected newspapers will be delayed until the afternoon.
Brent Low of the Newspaper Agency Company said this is a very rare system failure and apologized to the subscribers of the newspapers.
"We hope to have this problem corrected today so that our readers can expect on-time delivery to resume Sunday morning," said Brent Low, president of the Newspaper Agency Company.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14