Newspaper system causes printing delays for multiple Utah newspapers; morning delivery delayed to afternoon
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
The printing facilities at the Newspaper Agency Company of Salt Lake City had a system failure in the page loading system Friday night and delayed the printing of three major local newspapers.
Saturday morning, subscribers of the Deseret News, The Salt Lake Tribune, and the Daily Herald did not receive their morning newspaper.
Printing was moved to the presses of the Ogden Standard-Examiner and newspaper delivery for the affected newspapers will be delayed until the afternoon.
Brent Low of the Newspaper Agency Company said this is a very rare system failure and apologized to the subscribers of the newspapers.
"We hope to have this problem corrected today so that our readers can expect on-time delivery to resume Sunday morning," said Brent Low, president of the Newspaper Agency Company.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- 2 corrections officials resign in wake of...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11