Newspaper system causes printing delays for multiple Utah newspapers; morning delivery delayed to afternoon
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
The printing facilities at the Newspaper Agency Company of Salt Lake City had a system failure in the page loading system Friday night and delayed the printing of three major local newspapers.
Saturday morning, subscribers of the Deseret News, The Salt Lake Tribune, and the Daily Herald did not receive their morning newspaper.
Printing was moved to the presses of the Ogden Standard-Examiner and newspaper delivery for the affected newspapers will be delayed until the afternoon.
Brent Low of the Newspaper Agency Company said this is a very rare system failure and apologized to the subscribers of the newspapers.
"We hope to have this problem corrected today so that our readers can expect on-time delivery to resume Sunday morning," said Brent Low, president of the Newspaper Agency Company.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 85
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 25
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16