Newspaper system causes printing delays for multiple Utah newspapers; morning delivery delayed to afternoon
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
The printing facilities at the Newspaper Agency Company of Salt Lake City had a system failure in the page loading system Friday night and delayed the printing of three major local newspapers.
Saturday morning, subscribers of the Deseret News, The Salt Lake Tribune, and the Daily Herald did not receive their morning newspaper.
Printing was moved to the presses of the Ogden Standard-Examiner and newspaper delivery for the affected newspapers will be delayed until the afternoon.
Brent Low of the Newspaper Agency Company said this is a very rare system failure and apologized to the subscribers of the newspapers.
"We hope to have this problem corrected today so that our readers can expect on-time delivery to resume Sunday morning," said Brent Low, president of the Newspaper Agency Company.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Utah researchers helping test newest melanoma...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11