NEW YORK — The "laughingstocks" won in a laugher.
The Knicks resembled the division champions of a season ago rather than the biggest losers in New York, outplaying and even outtalking the Brooklyn Nets, who look like the real Big Apple busts.
Carmelo Anthony had 19 points and 10 rebounds, Iman Shumpert scored a season-high 17 points, and the Knicks ended a nine-game losing streak with 113-83 romp Thursday night in the first meeting of the season between the city rivals.
"l think everybody looked like they had that feeling that we were tired of losing," Anthony said. "It showed from the tipoff."
The Knicks (4-13) snapped a tie with the Nets (5-14) for most losses in New York, winning the game and the crowd with a dominant second half that had Spike Lee and the rest of the fans wearing blue and orange cheering perhaps the Knicks' most complete performance of the season.
Andrea Bargnani scored 16 before he was ejected in the fourth quarter, Knicks fans roaring in support of him standing up to Kevin Garnett.
Brook Lopez had 24 points and nine rebounds for the Nets, who again played without Paul Pierce, Deron Williams, or much passion in the second half.
"We're struggling but we're going to come out of this, man, that's the only way to think," Garnett said. "I'm not going to think anything else."
BULLS 107, HEAT 87: At Chicago, Carlos Boozer scored 27 points, and the Chicago Bulls beat LeBron James and the Miami Heat. Luol Deng had 20 points, Taj Gibson chipped in with 19, and Joakim Noah added 17 points and 15 rebounds as the Bulls had no trouble knocking off the defending champions.
CLIPPERS 101, GRIZZLIES 81: At Memphis, Tenn., reserves Darren Collison and Jamal Crawford scored 15 points each and the Los Angeles Clippers used a strong second half to beat the Memphis Grizzlies. Chris Paul also had 15 points and eight assists for the Clippers, who snapped a two-game losing streak. Blake Griffin added 14 points and nine rebounds, while DeAndre Jordan had 10 points and 14 boards for Los Angeles.
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke comes off...
- Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams had...
- With rookie Dante Exum in starting lineup,...
- Brad Rock: Jazz of 2015 look a lot like 2014
- Randy Hollis: Latest injury could signal the...
- Utah Jazz rookie Rodney Hood says he'll be...
- Jazz lineup change pays dividends as Dante...
- Utah Jazz Analysis: Utah's new rotation and...
- Most popular sports teams in Utah? Utes... 25
- Despite adversity, Jazz pull out a... 6
- Guest commentary: Was trading for Burke... 3
- Utah Jazz struggle offensively in... 3
- 10-day contract players Elijah Millsap... 3
- Jazz lineup change pays dividends as... 3
- Brad Rock: Jazz of 2015 look a lot like... 3
- Utah forward Gordon Hayward fondly... 2