Michael Thomas, File, Associated Press
AUSTIN, Texas — Texas coach Mack Brown has had a running joke all week: He's the only coach in America playing for a conference championship while also shrugging off speculation he could be replaced.
That sums up the drama surrounding Brown and a team who have fought their way through a topsy-turvy season of embarrassing losses and big wins and now find themselves on the verge of a Big 12 title in the final game of the regular season.
The No. 23 Longhorns (8-3, 7-1) play at No. 9 Baylor (10-1, 7-1) with at least a share of the conference title at stake. For either team, a win coupled with an Oklahoma State loss — the Cowboys beat both in November — will earn the victor the crown outright.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45