Michael Thomas, File, Associated Press
AUSTIN, Texas — Texas coach Mack Brown has had a running joke all week: He's the only coach in America playing for a conference championship while also shrugging off speculation he could be replaced.
That sums up the drama surrounding Brown and a team who have fought their way through a topsy-turvy season of embarrassing losses and big wins and now find themselves on the verge of a Big 12 title in the final game of the regular season.
The No. 23 Longhorns (8-3, 7-1) play at No. 9 Baylor (10-1, 7-1) with at least a share of the conference title at stake. For either team, a win coupled with an Oklahoma State loss — the Cowboys beat both in November — will earn the victor the crown outright.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19