Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
LONE PEAK 79, COTTONWOOD 52: Lone Peak picked up right where it left off last year by blowing past Cottonwood. TJ Haws exploded for a game-high 26 points, while Frank Jackson netted 14 points to power the home team. Noah Montano and Andrew Price each scored 15 points in the loss.
JUDGE MEMORIAL 60, RIVERTON 57: Judge Memorial came out of halftime ready to go and went on a 21-7 run to put the Bulldogs on top and end the third quarter. Tanner Riley torched the Silverwolves for 31 points in the win, while Brandon Sly's 25-point performance set the pace for the home team in the loss.
LAYTON 53, MOUNTAIN CREST 31: Layton completely dominated and controlled the second half as the Lancers pulled away to defeat Mountain Crest. Jarriesse Blackmon recorded a double-double with 16 points and 11 boards, while Mike Hibbert added a game-high 20 points and nine rebounds in the lopsided win.
ALTA 67, DAVIS 55: Trevor Hill scored 18 points and had nine rebounds and five assists to lead the Hawks to the win.
HILLCREST 58, CLEARFIELD 48: Mat Means and Andrew Reich combined for 35 points to lead Hillcrest to its first win of the season.
KEARNS 63, FREMONT 39: Kearns absolutely blew past Fremont in the third quarter, outscoring the Silver Wolves 25-6, to cruise to its first victory on the young season. Sunday Owda led all scorers with 21 points in the win. Trevor Allen netted 12 points in the loss for Fremont.
TIMPANOGOS 60, TIMPVIEW 56: Zach Facemyer led the Timberwolves with 21 points and six rebounds.
NORTH SUMMIT 63, WATERFORD 43: Cameron Smith led all scorers with 21 points and Dillen Erb drilled five 3-pointers and netted 17 points as North Summit pulled away from Waterford in the second half. Xander Priskos' four treys and 16 points set the pace for the Ravens in the loss.
OLYMPUS 90, TAYLORSVILLE 60: Alec Monson and Jake Lindsey combined for 48 points as Olympus cruised past Taylorsville at home. Sidney Freeman went off for 37 points, 18 of which came from beyond the arc, to spark the Warriors in the loss.
MURRAY 68, CYPRUS 42: Three players reached double figures as Murray ran past the Pirates to earn their first win of the season. Thanks to a balanced-scoring attack, the Spartans cruised past Cyprus behind Ryan Topham's three bombs and game-high 14 points.
MOUNTAIN VIEW 53, SALEM HILLS 52: Mountain View outscored Salem Hills 23-13 in the fourth quarter to pull off the heartbreaking upset on the road. Ryan Warner netted a game-high 16 points and Spencer Conrad added 15 more to fuel the Bruins.
LEHI 68, MAPLE MOUNTAIN 67: Lehi outlasted Maple Mountain in overtime after relinquishing a fourth-quarter lead. For the Pioneers it was the first win on the young season. Tanner Nygren and Jake Barnes combined for 44 points and six treys in the nail-biting win, while Maple Mountain had four different players reach double figures.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45