You can search for coupons by category as well as "collections," such as items to help ease a cold or holiday decorations. Once you find a coupon you want to use, you tap the add button. Then present the cashier with a single barcode that has collected all the coupons you selected. These coupons don't work online, only inside Target stores.
The best part is that they can be used on top of other coupons you may find elsewhere. That can increase your savings a lot.
Flipp (Available for iPhone)
I never remember to save retailers' promotional fliers that come in newspapers, even when I come across one that's tempting to use. They're hard to carry around, and they usually end up in the trash.
The Flipp app can help. Flipp works with retailers and turns fliers digital. The digital version is identical to the paper one, and you can flip through it with a flick of your finger. You can also search by a store's name and digitally "clip" deals you want to save.
If there's a store you shop at often, you can have new fliers automatically appear.
While at Macy's, I found a flier that offered $10 off a $25 purchase. Several people ahead of me in line had the coupon cut out of the paper flier. I gave the cashier the coupon from the Flipp app.
You can also use the app to build a shopping list or compare prices from different stores.
Unfortunately, there's no Android version yet. The app just launched in November.
Amazon app: http://amzn.to/V0EMS6
Cartwheel by Target app: http://cartwheel.target.com
Flipp app: http://www.flipp.com
RedLaser app: http://redlaser.com
RetailMeNot app: http://www.retailmenot.com/mobile
Follow Joseph Pisani on Twitter at https://twitter.com/josephpisani
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon for...
- Walmart to cease sales of semiautomatic rifles
- Magazine honors fastest-growing Utah companies
- Delta to offer nonstop flights from Salt Lake...
- Dave Ramsey says: Dave Ramsey: Use good...
- Contact lens makers take fight over price law...
- Utah native and Lovesac founder's life is...
- Michelle Singletary: Students should use...
- US stocks pare losses after 1,000-point... 15
- 'A war on talent': Jobless rate at 3.6... 15
- Walmart to cease sales of semiautomatic... 11
- Utahns want diverse housing,... 9
- Teens are shopping more like their... 6
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- Why you don't need to panic about... 3
- Delta to offer nonstop flights from... 3