20 little-known facts about the Mormon Angel Moroni statue
Brendan Sullivan, Deseret News archives
Did you know that one of the heaviest Angel Moroni statues weighs 4,000 pounds, that one statue was originally white or that the statue usually faces east?
With temples all over the world, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has adorned the skyline with angel statues for 167 years, ever since the Nauvoo Temple was dedicated in 1846.
The Nauvoo Temple, however, did not feature the same type of statue LDS Church members are familiar with today.
How much do you know about this Mormon icon?
- Temple Square hosts New Year's EVE events
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to release...
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- What's new: 'Jesus the Christ Study Guide'...
- Wright Words: My friend David is Christian,...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Getting ready to study...
- Reader voices: Choosing my reflection
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film, but...
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 20
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 16
- This is what going to church does to you 12
- Wright Words: My friend David is... 9
- How churches can attract younger people 6
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas... 5
- Defending the Faith: He was the son of... 4
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film,... 2