GUNNISON 65, DUCHESNE 27: Gunnison limited Duchesne to 10 points in the first three quarters in the lopsided win.
PIUTE 79, MILLARD 46: Five different Piute scorers finished in double figures, led by a 20-point performance from Matthew Millett to open the season with a victory at Millard.
MOUNTAIN CREST 67, FREMONT 60: Tanner Kirby scored a game-high of 18 points to lead the Mustangs in the home win over Fremont.
EAST 64, HILLCREST 46: Mitch Grant shot lights out from the field; connecting on four shots from 3-point land to lead East to a big win over Hillcrest to open the season.
LAYTON 75, WEST 53: Mike Hibbert earned a game-high of 27 points, including two 3-pointers, in the road win over West.
PAYSON 57, PROVO 47: Paysons Daniel Reno led all scorers with 26 points and two 3-pointers in the win. The Lions blanked Provo in the first quarter.
SYRACUSE 77, ROY 65: Josh Herfel scored 18 points, Michael Phelps scored 15 points, and Braden Hall scored 13 points for the Titans in the win over Roy. In the loss, Blake Lamb earned 30 points for the game high.
SPANISH FORK 66, UINTAH 45: Hayes Hall put on a shooting clinic, scoring 28 points, including 18 from beyond the arc to bury visiting Uintah in the season opener. Benson Rhees also added 11 points of his own in the winning effort by Spanish Fork.
RICHFIELD 57, CANYON VIEW 53: The Wildcats scored consistently to earn the win over Canyon View in the season opener.
CYPRUS 53, GRANGER 52: Raheim Harris, Christian Xagnaphong, and Dallas Garreaud combined for 37 points to lead the Pirates to the narrow win over the Lancers. Makol Mawien scored 16 points in the loss.
MOUNTAIN VIEW 65, LEHI 57: Mountain View connected on 22 of 31 free-throw attempts, which proved to be the difference in a down-to-the-wire fourth quarter. Spencer Conrad and Emanuel Ortiz chipped in 16 points apiece.
TAYLORSVILLE 80, WEST JORDAN 79: Taylorsville delivered a heavy-dose of opening night magic in a double overtime win. Sidney Freeman scored 25 points and Aaron Canepari added 14 more. In the loss, Brent Beales dropped a game-high 28 points and Malique McCoy scored 23 points.
VIEWMONT 43, CLEARFIELD 30: Viewmont outscored Clearfield 20-4 in the fourth quarter to earn the opening night win.
EMERY 71, ENTERPRISE 67: Baily Faimalo led the Spartans with 20 points, including two 3-pointers, in the home win over Enterprise. In the loss, Justin Prisbrey earned a game-high of 28 points.
- Free agent roundup: 14 locals from BYU, Utah,...
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal for...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September schedule:...
- Salt Lake residents may find it difficult to...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- High school track: Orem boys, Millard girls...
- Utes have three players taken on the second...
- Ranking the 33 Utah ties selected in the NFL...
- Brad Rock: Utah-BYU rivalry will... 160
- Dick Harmon: Utes clearly lead local... 80
- BYU announces 2015 football schedule,... 77
- Yeomans: What does Jimmer Fredette need... 54
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September... 42
- BYU hires Lone Peak's Quincy Lewis as... 38
- BYU's 2015 bowl destination could be... 31