CEDAR CITY, Utah — Kyren Poe had a game-tying touchdown pass in the fourth quarter and Northern Arizona added a field goal and defensive touchdown to defeat Southern Utah 20-10 on Saturday and win the Grand Canyon Trophy.
Northern Arizona (9-2, 7-1 Big Sky Conference) trailed the Thunderbirds (8-4, 5-3) 10-0 in the third quarter before scoring 20 unanswered points.
Andy Wilder's 29-yard field goal got the Lumberjacks on the board in the third, and Poe found Nick Cole for a 25-yard touchdown with 8:40 left in the fourth quarter to even the score.
An interception by Austin Hasquet on Southern Utah's next possession helped set up Wilder's second field goal from 20 yards to put the Lumberjacks up 13-10.
Blair Wishom sealed the win for Northern Arizona with Southern Utah driving late in the fourth, intercepting an Aaron Cantu pass and returning it 52 yards for a touchdown.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 82
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 23
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12