CEDAR CITY, Utah — Kyren Poe had a game-tying touchdown pass in the fourth quarter and Northern Arizona added a field goal and defensive touchdown to defeat Southern Utah 20-10 on Saturday and win the Grand Canyon Trophy.
Northern Arizona (9-2, 7-1 Big Sky Conference) trailed the Thunderbirds (8-4, 5-3) 10-0 in the third quarter before scoring 20 unanswered points.
Andy Wilder's 29-yard field goal got the Lumberjacks on the board in the third, and Poe found Nick Cole for a 25-yard touchdown with 8:40 left in the fourth quarter to even the score.
An interception by Austin Hasquet on Southern Utah's next possession helped set up Wilder's second field goal from 20 yards to put the Lumberjacks up 13-10.
Blair Wishom sealed the win for Northern Arizona with Southern Utah driving late in the fourth, intercepting an Aaron Cantu pass and returning it 52 yards for a touchdown.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond):...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- Team Utah advances to quarterfinals of The...
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's open to...
- College football countdown No. 40: Utah State...
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play for...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 103
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 16
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 12
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play... 4