Transformers and tie-dye: Miss Universe competitors show off their country costumes
Pavel Golovkin, Associated Press
MOSCOW, Russia — Miss USA Erin Brady and 85 representatives from countries around the world will compete for the title of Miss Universe on November 9, 2013 in Moscow, Russia.
The contestants participate in myriad areas of competitions during the week leading up to tonight's main competition, which will air on NBC at 7 p.m. MST.. One of the events tied to the competition is the national costume show, where contestants dress in creative costumes that represent their country.
Here are 50 costumes that range from historical to colorful to unusual.
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14