Transformers and tie-dye: Miss Universe competitors show off their country costumes
Pavel Golovkin, Associated Press
MOSCOW, Russia — Miss USA Erin Brady and 85 representatives from countries around the world will compete for the title of Miss Universe on November 9, 2013 in Moscow, Russia.
The contestants participate in myriad areas of competitions during the week leading up to tonight's main competition, which will air on NBC at 7 p.m. MST.. One of the events tied to the competition is the national costume show, where contestants dress in creative costumes that represent their country.
Here are 50 costumes that range from historical to colorful to unusual.
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- University of Phoenix founder dies, leaving...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- A New York Times article said Michael Brown...
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately at...
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- A New York Times article said Michael... 42
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 34
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- 10 things to know about corporate... 27
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 24
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13