Transformers and tie-dye: Miss Universe competitors show off their country costumes
Pavel Golovkin, Associated Press
MOSCOW, Russia — Miss USA Erin Brady and 85 representatives from countries around the world will compete for the title of Miss Universe on November 9, 2013 in Moscow, Russia.
The contestants participate in myriad areas of competitions during the week leading up to tonight's main competition, which will air on NBC at 7 p.m. MST.. One of the events tied to the competition is the national costume show, where contestants dress in creative costumes that represent their country.
Here are 50 costumes that range from historical to colorful to unusual.
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Ebola kills Liberian doctor, 2 Americans...
- Northern California wildfire destroys 10 homes
- Taiwan plane crash survivor crawls out of...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Federal land managers criticized over...
- Judge rules against Donald Sterling, OKs...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 13