Transformers and tie-dye: Miss Universe competitors show off their country costumes
Pavel Golovkin, Associated Press
MOSCOW, Russia — Miss USA Erin Brady and 85 representatives from countries around the world will compete for the title of Miss Universe on November 9, 2013 in Moscow, Russia.
The contestants participate in myriad areas of competitions during the week leading up to tonight's main competition, which will air on NBC at 7 p.m. MST.. One of the events tied to the competition is the national costume show, where contestants dress in creative costumes that represent their country.
Here are 50 costumes that range from historical to colorful to unusual.
- In Disney World's shadow, homeless families...
- Herbert: Embattled Nevada rancher 'not the...
- Student debt holds back many would-be home...
- Gas explosion forces Wyoming town to evacuate
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine...
- Costa Rica is demanding US explain 'Cuban...
- Sherpas leave Everest; some expeditions nix...
- Everest climbing season in disarray after deaths
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's... 27
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at... 26
- Judge: Indiana hasn't given valid... 24
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 20
- Herbert: Embattled Nevada rancher 'not... 17
- Vegas’ water drying up 15
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin... 13
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in... 12