Transformers and tie-dye: Miss Universe competitors show off their country costumes
Pavel Golovkin, Associated Press
MOSCOW, Russia — Miss USA Erin Brady and 85 representatives from countries around the world will compete for the title of Miss Universe on November 9, 2013 in Moscow, Russia.
The contestants participate in myriad areas of competitions during the week leading up to tonight's main competition, which will air on NBC at 7 p.m. MST.. One of the events tied to the competition is the national costume show, where contestants dress in creative costumes that represent their country.
Here are 50 costumes that range from historical to colorful to unusual.
- A decade after welcoming wind, states reconsider
- Chaffetz calls Secret Service resignation...
- 4 eccentric billionaire spending habits
- Charging documents show Phelps DUI tied to...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Jail ordered for Idaho man in FLDS abuse case
- US Ebola case stokes concerns for Liberians...
- More bodies found on Japanese volcano; toll...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 40
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 24
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 15
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 14
- Obama seeks traction on economy amid... 14
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 13
- Chaffetz calls Secret Service... 13
- Obama goal of Gitmo closure stalled at... 10