Transformers and tie-dye: Miss Universe competitors show off their country costumes
Pavel Golovkin, Associated Press
MOSCOW, Russia — Miss USA Erin Brady and 85 representatives from countries around the world will compete for the title of Miss Universe on November 9, 2013 in Moscow, Russia.
The contestants participate in myriad areas of competitions during the week leading up to tonight's main competition, which will air on NBC at 7 p.m. MST.. One of the events tied to the competition is the national costume show, where contestants dress in creative costumes that represent their country.
Here are 50 costumes that range from historical to colorful to unusual.
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who went...
- Dirty creek, old purse solve four-decade...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- How does the world feel about morals and...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits?
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 76
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 30
- Bureau of Land Management to pursue... 22
- Report projects health law's subsidies... 21
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who... 14
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 14
- Supreme Court weighs ban on false... 13