Three buildings belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints were vandalized in Chubbuck, Idaho, overnight Wednesday or early Thursday in what police tell KPVI News might be considered a hate crime because it involves a religious building.
The vandalism included expletives, drawings and statements like, "You will pay for what you have done," "sheepole," and "brainwashers."
"Our church buildings are places of worship and community gathering where all are welcome. We are saddened by the vandalism that has occurred at these locations," the LDS Church said in a statement to KPVI. "At this point authorities have just begun their initial investigation, and it may be some time before additional details are available."
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Republican, Democratic political... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12