Three buildings belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints were vandalized in Chubbuck, Idaho, overnight Wednesday or early Thursday in what police tell KPVI News might be considered a hate crime because it involves a religious building.
The vandalism included expletives, drawings and statements like, "You will pay for what you have done," "sheepole," and "brainwashers."
"Our church buildings are places of worship and community gathering where all are welcome. We are saddened by the vandalism that has occurred at these locations," the LDS Church said in a statement to KPVI. "At this point authorities have just begun their initial investigation, and it may be some time before additional details are available."
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 81
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18