SALT LAKE CITY — Police say a suspect is still at large and has escaped a Home Depot store in Salt Lake City after he first led police on a high-speed chase and had fled into the store.
Shortly after 8:30 a.m. a man allegedly stole a pickup from Nicholas and Company in West Valley and police began a pursuit. Police said speeds reached 90 mph on the chase through Magna, West Valley and Salt Lake City.
Police reported the man stole one car before the pickup truck Wednesday morning before crashing it, but further details were not yet clear concerning that alleged theft. Law enforcement officials stopped chasing the vehicle after about 20 minutes of pursuit to prevent injury to other motorists.
The truck eventually ended up in parking lot near 300 West and 1850 South and the driver left the truck.
Around 9:30 a.m., police located the suspect and began chasing the driver on foot. The suspect fled into Home Depot on 2100 South and 300 West and the store was evacuated and surrounded.
More details will be posted as they become available.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Pedestrian critically injured in Sugar House
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 19
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS... 15
- Commissioner pleads not guilty to... 10
- Saratoga Springs one of four potential... 8
- Judge sets November hearing for... 8
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times 5
- 2 children critically injured in... 4
- Moab man receives probation for... 4