On The Money: Should you buy insurance for your rental car?
Many car renters often face the same conundrum — whether to purchase car rental insurance.
In some cases, a rental car may be covered through a driver’s standard car insurance or even a credit card. But in other instances, a renter may need to purchase coverage through the car rental company.
Several websites provide good insights about the ins and outs of car rental insurance. Here is a sampling:
—Bankrate.com: Spotlights types of rental car insurance coverage and credit card benefits. http://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/does-your-credit-card-insure-a-rental-car-1.aspx
—Car Insurance Comparison: Serves up a step-by-step guide to understanding car rental insurance. http://www.carinsurancecomparison.com/rental-car-insurance/
—Consumer Affairs: Provides car rental insurance tip sheet. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/carrent(UNDERSCORE)ins.html
—CreditCards.com: Discusses car rental insurance offered by credit cards, and where gaps in coverage can occur. http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/rental-car-credit-card-protections-vary-1273.php
—Insure.com: Offers car rental insurance basics, and when to buy and not to buy. http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/rental-car-basics.html
©2013 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- 25 cities that are winning at education
- Profiting as a Super Bowl host city...
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- 4 warning signs your teen is destined for bad...
- Child grooms of Nepal are married off as...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Dave Ramsey says: Make changes to save money
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 62
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 4
- Want to save money in 2015?... 4
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 2
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your... 2
- Tess Frame: Five reasons you’re... 1