On The Money: Should you buy insurance for your rental car?
Many car renters often face the same conundrum — whether to purchase car rental insurance.
In some cases, a rental car may be covered through a driver’s standard car insurance or even a credit card. But in other instances, a renter may need to purchase coverage through the car rental company.
Several websites provide good insights about the ins and outs of car rental insurance. Here is a sampling:
—Bankrate.com: Spotlights types of rental car insurance coverage and credit card benefits. http://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/does-your-credit-card-insure-a-rental-car-1.aspx
—Car Insurance Comparison: Serves up a step-by-step guide to understanding car rental insurance. http://www.carinsurancecomparison.com/rental-car-insurance/
—Consumer Affairs: Provides car rental insurance tip sheet. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/carrent(UNDERSCORE)ins.html
—CreditCards.com: Discusses car rental insurance offered by credit cards, and where gaps in coverage can occur. http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/rental-car-credit-card-protections-vary-1273.php
—Insure.com: Offers car rental insurance basics, and when to buy and not to buy. http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/rental-car-basics.html
©2013 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- What it takes to be middle class in each state
- What could McDonald's do to fix its business?
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of...
- Why college matters more today than 20 years ago
- Don't be surprised if you find your boss...
- Kids learn the ABCs of managing money
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of... 17
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 6
- Are you ready to start using a digital... 5
- How much money should you be saving... 4
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 4
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 3
- Michelle Singletary: Credit can be... 3