On The Money: Should you buy insurance for your rental car?
Many car renters often face the same conundrum — whether to purchase car rental insurance.
In some cases, a rental car may be covered through a driver’s standard car insurance or even a credit card. But in other instances, a renter may need to purchase coverage through the car rental company.
Several websites provide good insights about the ins and outs of car rental insurance. Here is a sampling:
—Bankrate.com: Spotlights types of rental car insurance coverage and credit card benefits. http://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/does-your-credit-card-insure-a-rental-car-1.aspx
—Car Insurance Comparison: Serves up a step-by-step guide to understanding car rental insurance. http://www.carinsurancecomparison.com/rental-car-insurance/
—Consumer Affairs: Provides car rental insurance tip sheet. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/carrent(UNDERSCORE)ins.html
—CreditCards.com: Discusses car rental insurance offered by credit cards, and where gaps in coverage can occur. http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/rental-car-credit-card-protections-vary-1273.php
—Insure.com: Offers car rental insurance basics, and when to buy and not to buy. http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/rental-car-basics.html
©2013 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- 10 Great Gift Ideas for People Who Have...
- 10 great gift ideas for people who have...
- What managing money has taught me about...
- Robots vs. minimum wage: As pressure grows on...
- Dave Ramsey says: Put a temporary stop to...
- Gift Guide: Do homework when buying a tablet...
- 2 financial goals you should revisit every year
- Robots vs. minimum wage: As pressure... 83
- The American Dream is still alive for... 11
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 8
- Insurance agents feeling left out of... 8
- What do the new jobs numbers mean? 7
- Dave Ramsey says: Put a temporary stop... 6
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs... 3