On The Money: Should you buy insurance for your rental car?
Many car renters often face the same conundrum — whether to purchase car rental insurance.
In some cases, a rental car may be covered through a driver’s standard car insurance or even a credit card. But in other instances, a renter may need to purchase coverage through the car rental company.
Several websites provide good insights about the ins and outs of car rental insurance. Here is a sampling:
—Bankrate.com: Spotlights types of rental car insurance coverage and credit card benefits. http://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/does-your-credit-card-insure-a-rental-car-1.aspx
—Car Insurance Comparison: Serves up a step-by-step guide to understanding car rental insurance. http://www.carinsurancecomparison.com/rental-car-insurance/
—Consumer Affairs: Provides car rental insurance tip sheet. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/carrent(UNDERSCORE)ins.html
—CreditCards.com: Discusses car rental insurance offered by credit cards, and where gaps in coverage can occur. http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/rental-car-credit-card-protections-vary-1273.php
—Insure.com: Offers car rental insurance basics, and when to buy and not to buy. http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/rental-car-basics.html
©2013 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- Sturt & Nordstrom: 5 statements great leaders...
- What millennials need to do to retire...
- How to reap the financial benefits of your...
- Apple reports iPhone sales down, 1st revenue...
- Exxon sees smallest profit in 16 years,...
- Congress heads out with no resolution on...
- Confident Trump seeks knockout of Cruz in...
- Mystery solved? Australian says he's Bitcoin...
- What millennials need to do to retire... 8
- Confident Trump seeks knockout of Cruz... 7
- Advocates: High court signals it won't... 5
- Congress heads out with no resolution... 4
- Apple reports iPhone sales down, 1st... 3
- Exxon sees smallest profit in 16 years,... 3
- How to reap the financial benefits of... 2
- Mystery solved? Australian says he's... 0