On The Money: Should you buy insurance for your rental car?
Many car renters often face the same conundrum — whether to purchase car rental insurance.
In some cases, a rental car may be covered through a driver’s standard car insurance or even a credit card. But in other instances, a renter may need to purchase coverage through the car rental company.
Several websites provide good insights about the ins and outs of car rental insurance. Here is a sampling:
—Bankrate.com: Spotlights types of rental car insurance coverage and credit card benefits. http://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/does-your-credit-card-insure-a-rental-car-1.aspx
—Car Insurance Comparison: Serves up a step-by-step guide to understanding car rental insurance. http://www.carinsurancecomparison.com/rental-car-insurance/
—Consumer Affairs: Provides car rental insurance tip sheet. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/carrent(UNDERSCORE)ins.html
—CreditCards.com: Discusses car rental insurance offered by credit cards, and where gaps in coverage can occur. http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/rental-car-credit-card-protections-vary-1273.php
—Insure.com: Offers car rental insurance basics, and when to buy and not to buy. http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/rental-car-basics.html
©2013 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- 14 frivolous lawsuits against Disney, James...
- Employers and job seekers might as well be...
- Balancing act: What is your ROI for seeking...
- Dave Ramsey says: Keep expectations clear...
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Americans still prefer male bosses
- UTA seeks to hire bus drivers, other workers
- 5 reasons you'll blow your holiday budget again
- Americans still prefer male bosses 7
- Studio C teams up with popular indie... 6
- Pay raises are more rare despite strong... 3
- Facebook is now helping its female... 3
- Employers and job seekers might as well... 2
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 2
- The poorest of the poor in many Third... 1
- Utah jobless rate stays steady at 3.5... 1