On The Money: Here’s help in calculating a mortgage
Gene J. Puskar, Associated Press
As the housing market continues to recover, buyers are showing more interest in purchasing a new home. But the search for a home mortgage rate to fit your budget can prove a challenge. Several websites offer online calculators with a variety of features designed to assist prospective homebuyers gage monthly mortgage payments. Here are just a few:
Contains calculators to gauge mortgage payment amounts and how much you can afford.
Supplies calculator for determining a fixed-rate mortgage, with principal balance and total payments graphic.
Establish the loan amount you can qualify using a mortgage affordability calculator.
Provides calculators for a variety of mortgage borrowing scenarios.
Features variety of mortgage calculators, and others for borrowing and credit-related topics.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- Here's an odd way to make it through college...
- The average Joe only works 4.5 hours a day....
- Dave Ramsey says: 3 traps to avoid after...
- The president wants to extend overtime...
- Michelle Singletary: A woman's place is on...
- Balancing act: Poll: Family finance concerns...
- Your commute just got a lot less stressful...
- The laziest states in the U.S.
- Michelle Singletary: A woman's place is... 10
- The president wants to extend overtime... 9
- How 20-somethings have an advantage... 5
- Beware of rental scams involving... 2
- Here's an odd way to make it through... 2
- The laziest states in the U.S. 1
- The slow death of the 9-to-5 workday 1
- The average Joe only works 4.5 hours a... 1