Tom Smart, Deseret News
The tough old bird Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, has shown his true colors in the article "Hatch says Lee, other tea party Republicans need to be 'rehabilitated,' " Oct. 23. Hatch does not realize that back in the period of the American Revolution, many of the colonists supported the British and did not want to cut ties with the mother country. It took bold actions such as the Boston Tea Party and the Minutemen call to action to change the relationship with the British.
It appears Hatch wants to continue with the same old status of the federal government. He says he is against Obamacare but do you hear anything from him on how to change things? No. He wants to kick the can farther down the road and hope that everything will be OK.
Sens. Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Ted Cruz, R-Texas, have awakened the slumbering American public from the same old trend of socialization that Hatch and many of the Republicans and Democrats are endorsing. It is a breath of fresh air seeing a change in Washington. I hope that it will continue.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28