Tom Smart, Deseret News
The tough old bird Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, has shown his true colors in the article "Hatch says Lee, other tea party Republicans need to be 'rehabilitated,' " Oct. 23. Hatch does not realize that back in the period of the American Revolution, many of the colonists supported the British and did not want to cut ties with the mother country. It took bold actions such as the Boston Tea Party and the Minutemen call to action to change the relationship with the British.
It appears Hatch wants to continue with the same old status of the federal government. He says he is against Obamacare but do you hear anything from him on how to change things? No. He wants to kick the can farther down the road and hope that everything will be OK.
Sens. Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Ted Cruz, R-Texas, have awakened the slumbering American public from the same old trend of socialization that Hatch and many of the Republicans and Democrats are endorsing. It is a breath of fresh air seeing a change in Washington. I hope that it will continue.
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the...
- Jay Evensen: Don't let an apocalypse-free...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws
- Letter: A ‘cursory’ look
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 95
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 38
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 26
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 25
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21