Tom Smart, Deseret News
The tough old bird Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, has shown his true colors in the article "Hatch says Lee, other tea party Republicans need to be 'rehabilitated,' " Oct. 23. Hatch does not realize that back in the period of the American Revolution, many of the colonists supported the British and did not want to cut ties with the mother country. It took bold actions such as the Boston Tea Party and the Minutemen call to action to change the relationship with the British.
It appears Hatch wants to continue with the same old status of the federal government. He says he is against Obamacare but do you hear anything from him on how to change things? No. He wants to kick the can farther down the road and hope that everything will be OK.
Sens. Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Ted Cruz, R-Texas, have awakened the slumbering American public from the same old trend of socialization that Hatch and many of the Republicans and Democrats are endorsing. It is a breath of fresh air seeing a change in Washington. I hope that it will continue.
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Benefit Corporations: Why aren't Utah...
- A Hobbesian choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Count My...
- Utah’s financial model should not...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Letter: Religious freedom 54
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 43
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 33
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 33
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Letter: A 'dying' document 24
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21
- A Hobbesian choice: Religious freedom... 20