I read in the Deseret News that Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, wants to "rehabilitate" Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, and other tea party members for their stand on Obamacare ("Hatch says Lee, other tea party Republicans need to be 'rehabilitated,'" Oct.23). From what I understand from history, communist despots also go to great lengths to re-educate the masses. Those who object are eradicated.
You can't "rehabilitate" a true patriot. They will go to their grave defending the cause of freedom. Thank you, Sen. Lee, for representing me and those who stand for freedom.
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- Letter: Right and wrong
- Lois M. Collins: Ukraine hoax fuels anger,...
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform should...
- In our opinion: Western land standoff aside,...
- Jay Evensen: No more rent for inmates —...
- Letter: Science consensus is slow, methodical
- Letter: Right and wrong 79
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 67
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 63
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 47
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 46
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 43
- In our opinion: Confronted by power,... 39
- In our opinion: Dramatic transformation... 28