I read in the Deseret News that Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, wants to "rehabilitate" Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, and other tea party members for their stand on Obamacare ("Hatch says Lee, other tea party Republicans need to be 'rehabilitated,'" Oct.23). From what I understand from history, communist despots also go to great lengths to re-educate the masses. Those who object are eradicated.
You can't "rehabilitate" a true patriot. They will go to their grave defending the cause of freedom. Thank you, Sen. Lee, for representing me and those who stand for freedom.
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- On second thought
- In our opinion: UTA accountability
- About Utah: He's a fair fixture
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- My view: Exports are vital to Utah's prosperity
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 57
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 46
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own... 32
- Americans are changing their tune on... 28
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap?... 26
- In our opinion: Par for the president 24