Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
GUNNISON 56, ENTERPRISE 24: Gunnison shut down Enterprise heading into halftime with a 42-10 lead. Tyson Moosman finished with 348 passing yards and six touchdowns. Jacob Hatch had 11 catches for 123 yards and four touchdowns.
SOUTH SEVIER 27, MILLARD 26: South Sevier moved on the 2A State Playoffs after coming out victorious in double overtime. Millard started the second overtime with the ball, scored and missed the PAT. South Sevier then took over possession and capitalized on the Eagles' miscue, scoring on a two yard TD run and knocking home the PAT to get the win.
PAROWAN 27, LAYTON CHRISTIAN 17: After trailing 17-10 at halftime, Parowan shutout Layton Christian for the rest of the game en route to a 10-point playoff victory on the road. Jake Topham led the ground attack with 167 yards and a touchdown, while Justice Walker added a rushing and receiving TD in the victory.
SYRACUSE 36, FREMONT 14: Syracuse jumped out to a 33-7 lead in the first half, and continued to secure the Region 1 win over Fremont. Romney Harker scored three times for the Titans in the victory.
NORTHRIDGE 29, LAYTON 28: Dayan Lake had a pair of touchdowns, one a 73-yard interception return, and hauled in the game-winning 2-point conversion reception from Ben Jackson in overtime to stump visiting Layton.
DAVIS 29, WEBER 17: Colton Chronister finished the night 14-for-28 for 148 yards and a rushing score, while Parker Rose added 88 yards on the ground with one score to help Davis stay perfect on the season. The Darts managed to hold Weber to just 38 yards rushing on the night. Cole Dean went 18-for-33 for 243 yards and pair of touchdowns in the loss.
WEST 20, TAYLORSVILLE 7: West jumped out to a 17-7 halftime lead on its way to clinching the final playoff berth from Region 2.
HUNTER 48, GRANGER 28: Joseph Tiatia rushed for 213 yards on 16 carries and a touchdown, while McKay Medlinger threw for 215 yards and two touchdowns to lead Hunter to a region win on the road. The Wolverines outscored Granger 28-7 in the second half.
EAST 51, KEARNS 14: The Leopards jumped out to 30-0 lead in the first half, and cruised to the comfortable win over the Cougars. Ula Tolutau scored four times to contribute in the win.
HIGHLAND 17, BOUNTIFUL 10: The Rams took the win over Bountiful in a back-and-forth game. Adam Webber returned a 15-yard blocked kick to get the win.
CORNER CANYON 48, MURRAY 14: The Chargers scored early and often to secure the Region 7 victory over the Spartans.
OLYMPUS 21, SKYLINE 0: Cooper Draper rushed for 112 yards with two touchdowns, including an 86-yard sprint in the fourth quarter. Colmen Meier added added 91 yards rushing with a TD. Olympus managed to shutout Skyline, and with the loss the Eagles will not make the playoffs for the first time in 28 years.
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new walk-on...
- BYU coaches happy about development of...
- Tyler Haws' NBA dream path takes a detour to...
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- Red and blue recruits: A first look at...
- New York Jets waive former BYU quarterback...
- Morning links: Can Cougars snap Cornhuskers'...
- AP preseason top 25 poll: Utah, BYU... 59
- Morning links: Cougars examined by USA... 56
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 38
- Rock On: Sarkisian runs afoul of BYU... 38
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 26
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 25
- Utah Jazz: Withey, 7-footer with two... 22