"GHOST TIME," by Courtney Eldridge, Skyscape, $17.99, 418 pages (f) (ages 16 and up)
Courtney Eldridge's young adult debut, "Ghost Time," follows Thea Denny as she goes from hating school and home life to falling in love with the older, new guy at school, Cam. But when Cam disappears, her imperfect life falls even further into disarray, and she will need to figure out who he really was and what that means to her past, present and future.
"Ghost Time" is an original butterfly-effect type of thriller full of mystery and intrigue. While the format is confusing with its stream-of-consciousness narration and chapters alternating between the past and the future, the voice is strong and the characters are realistic. The ending leaves more than enough questions unanswered to lead the reader into the upcoming sequel.
It includes frequent profanity and some sexual content.
— Tara Creel
"INHUMAN," by Kat Falls, Scholastic, $17.99, 373 pages (f) (ages 16 and up)
"Inhuman" is the first book in a series detailing a post-apocalypse world where humans live in fear of a virus that turns them into wild animals.
The West has become a safe haven for humans to live free of the virus on the other side of a gigantic quarantine wall. But early on, 16-year-old Delaney learns she must venture into the East, or the "Feral Zone," in order to save her father.
Author Kat Falls' "Inhuman" is a fast-paced thriller, full of action and mysteries to be discovered. It's wildly entertaining and worth reading.
It contains depictions of bloody violence, mild language and mild sensuality.
— Nathan Sorensen
- Arizona mom makes Halloween costumes a fun...
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- Marriage isn’t about romance
- Marvel Studios unveils next 11 movies, from...
- The Clean Cut: 'Studio C' releases 3 'Hunger...
- Forget about feelings, real love is a...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 37
- West Jordan boy loses battle with... 15
- Marriage isn’t about romance 13
- Parental complaints result in racy... 11
- Days before deadline, brain cancer... 11
- LDS couple with triplets expecting... 8
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love/hate... 6
- When parents are desensitized, what... 6