Richard Drew, File, Associated Press
Goldman Sachs says its third-quarter profit was flat while revenue fell sharply as trading in bonds and other securities slowed.
Goldman Sachs earned $1.43 billion after paying dividends on preferred shares, down slightly from $1.46 billion in the same period a year earlier.
That worked out to $2.88 per share, up from $2.85 per share last year and beating the $2.44 per share expected by financial analysts.
Revenue dropped 20 percent to $6.72 billion from $8.35 billion, coming in below analysts' forecast of $7.41 billion, as trading in bonds, mortgage securities and currencies fell.
Goldman's stock, which was recently added to the Dow Jones industrial average, fell $4.2 or 2.6 percent, to $158 in pre-market trading.
The bank increased its dividend to 55 cents per share from 50 cents.
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Uber, Lyft refuse to require driver fingerprints
- Internet billionaires face off in renewed...
- Can a company really be altruistic?
- What could McDonald's do to fix its business?
- Technology and outdoor sports converge at...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Utah construction companies fined,... 8
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 4
- Photos: Sharing birthday wishes 2
- First lady: Tech industry to train,... 1
- Greece under fire from creditors as... 1
- Diet Pepsi dropping aspartame on... 1