Richard Drew, File, Associated Press
Goldman Sachs says its third-quarter profit was flat while revenue fell sharply as trading in bonds and other securities slowed.
Goldman Sachs earned $1.43 billion after paying dividends on preferred shares, down slightly from $1.46 billion in the same period a year earlier.
That worked out to $2.88 per share, up from $2.85 per share last year and beating the $2.44 per share expected by financial analysts.
Revenue dropped 20 percent to $6.72 billion from $8.35 billion, coming in below analysts' forecast of $7.41 billion, as trading in bonds, mortgage securities and currencies fell.
Goldman's stock, which was recently added to the Dow Jones industrial average, fell $4.2 or 2.6 percent, to $158 in pre-market trading.
The bank increased its dividend to 55 cents per share from 50 cents.
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking end of...
- 5 tips for a successful job interview
- Why workers aren't taking vacation time, and...
- Salt Lake's 'passive' house a model of...
- Provo airport expansion could provide up to...
- Utah Small Business Development Center gets...
- 5 things to do when quitting your job
- Get all your outdoors work done by 2030,...
- Get all your outdoors work done by... 12
- Salt Lake's 'passive' house a model of... 6
- Provo airport expansion could provide... 5
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking... 2
- 5 tips for a successful job interview 2
- Why workers aren't taking vacation... 1
- 5 things to do when quitting your job 1
- Utah Small Business Development Center... 0