The London England Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is situated about 25 miles south of London in the county of Surrey. It was the first LDS temple built in the United Kingdom and the second in Europe, following the temple in Bern, Switzerland.
Dedications of the site, groundbreaking and the temple itself were offered by President David O. McKay. Following some extensive work decades later, the temple was rededicated in 1992 by President Gordon B. Hinckley.
On the same site are additional structures that serve temple workers and patrons along with mission offices. A missionary training center was relocated to the Preston England Temple in Chorley, Lancashire.
The Moroni statue seen in these views was placed on the spire using a helicopter in 2008.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- See how this forgotten Holocaust history is...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 28
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 15
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- How would you describe God in just one... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9