JERUSALEM — In an apparent message to Iran, the Israeli military says it has carried a "special long-range flight exercise" and posted rare footage of the drill online.
The military said Thursday that its squadrons practiced refueling planes in midair this week and tested the air force's ability. Footage shows a tanker plane refueling a fighter jet midair.
The release of the video comes just days before Western powers are to open new nuclear talks with Iran.
Israeli officials said the drill took place over Greece, a key regional ally. The military has done similar drills in the past but releasing the footage appears aimed at sending a message to Iran before the talks that a viable military options remains.
The U.S. and its allies accuse Iran of developing nuclear weapons.
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- 'Maze Runner' races past 'Tombstones' with...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- White House intruder identified as Army...
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- Ex-stepson: White House intruder meant no harm
- 'The Lion King' earns record box office
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe over...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 9
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 8
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 8
- It's not just young people —... 7