JERUSALEM — In an apparent message to Iran, the Israeli military says it has carried a "special long-range flight exercise" and posted rare footage of the drill online.
The military said Thursday that its squadrons practiced refueling planes in midair this week and tested the air force's ability. Footage shows a tanker plane refueling a fighter jet midair.
The release of the video comes just days before Western powers are to open new nuclear talks with Iran.
Israeli officials said the drill took place over Greece, a key regional ally. The military has done similar drills in the past but releasing the footage appears aimed at sending a message to Iran before the talks that a viable military options remains.
The U.S. and its allies accuse Iran of developing nuclear weapons.
- Heroes 2014: Ex-CIA officer uses...
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan combat
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Bad Santa? 5 tips to tackle your holiday gift...
- How to help find a cure for Ebola from the...
- Father of pilot captured by Islamic State...
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols, relax...
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 16
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 14
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- Key developments in the case of slain... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 9
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5