WASHINGTON — The International Monetary Fund chief says the global economy is in a slow and unbalanced recovery.
Christine Lagarde heads the IMF. Lagarde warned Thursday that U.S. failure to raise the debt ceiling because of impasse over the government shutdown would seriously damage the American as well as the global economy.
Lagarde also says Europe needs to clean up its banks and forge ahead with a banking union.
- 50 things about 'The Sound of Music' to help...
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- 34 of the best Lemony Snicket quotes
- 11 Seussian quotations to celebrate Dr....
- 17 years later, parents find kidnapped...
- Kerry tries to dampen fuss over Israeli PM's...
- Young girl's story may lead Idaho to approve...
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 26
- Congress OKs 1-week bill to keep... 24
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan 22
- Democrats caught between Obama,... 16
- Kerry tries to dampen fuss over Israeli... 16
- Calling for cooperation, Obama engages... 15
- Bill O'Reilly's partisan critics... 14
- 'Jihadi John' seen in beheading videos... 13