WASHINGTON — The International Monetary Fund chief says the global economy is in a slow and unbalanced recovery.
Christine Lagarde heads the IMF. Lagarde warned Thursday that U.S. failure to raise the debt ceiling because of impasse over the government shutdown would seriously damage the American as well as the global economy.
Lagarde also says Europe needs to clean up its banks and forge ahead with a banking union.
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican...
- 2 cops in New York City ambushed, fatally...
- 9 films advance in Oscars shortlist for best...
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- 'Hobbit' goes out on top with $90.6 million...
- 10 years on, where did all the tsunami debris...
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 33
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 17
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 10
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8