WASHINGTON — The International Monetary Fund chief says the global economy is in a slow and unbalanced recovery.
Christine Lagarde heads the IMF. Lagarde warned Thursday that U.S. failure to raise the debt ceiling because of impasse over the government shutdown would seriously damage the American as well as the global economy.
Lagarde also says Europe needs to clean up its banks and forge ahead with a banking union.
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in shooting
- Ferguson businesses torched in overnight...
- In New Zealand, feud over fate of 1902 corpse...
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best cities...
- At least 17 killed in Egypt by building collapse
- Latinos are 'very optimistic' about America's...
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as Pentagon...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 66
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 61
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 29
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 18
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14