WASHINGTON — The International Monetary Fund chief says the global economy is in a slow and unbalanced recovery.
Christine Lagarde heads the IMF. Lagarde warned Thursday that U.S. failure to raise the debt ceiling because of impasse over the government shutdown would seriously damage the American as well as the global economy.
Lagarde also says Europe needs to clean up its banks and forge ahead with a banking union.
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but hold...
- Police, protesters collide again in Ferguson
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with hands up
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered legal...
- The Los Angeles Unified School District ducks...
- Want to increase attraction in your...
- No arrest for Texas Gov. Rick Perry but mug...
- Car crash in Argentina kills 3 relatives of pope
- Texas Gov. Perry says indictment is... 22
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 22
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 20
- Texas' Perry indicted for coercion for... 19
- Police identify Missouri officer who... 16
- Police, protesters collide again in... 14
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but... 14
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 13