WASHINGTON — The International Monetary Fund chief says the global economy is in a slow and unbalanced recovery.
Christine Lagarde heads the IMF. Lagarde warned Thursday that U.S. failure to raise the debt ceiling because of impasse over the government shutdown would seriously damage the American as well as the global economy.
Lagarde also says Europe needs to clean up its banks and forge ahead with a banking union.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Feds chase treasure hunter turned fugitive
- 24-year-old American in North Korea sentenced...
- Video released showing beheading of British...
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015
- Britain mourns aid worker slain by Islamic...
- Crews battle California wildfire amid heatwave
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 57
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- US, Arab allies committed to fighting... 15
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 14
- Faith groups speak out against Obama's... 13
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 13
- Officials: No threat of Islamic State... 12
- Putin: Russia to focus on new offensive... 10