It is very difficult to be a Republican at times like this. If you don't fall in line lockstep with the tea party, you are considered a RINO, or a "Republican in name only." For example, if you believe that the GOP members in Congress should soften their stance so that the government shutdown can end, then you are, like me, a RINO.
I think that we Republicans should stop calling each other names and unite. Let's focus on winning elections instead of repealing a bill that we don't have the votes in Congress to repeal. Once the GOP has the Senate, House and White House they can do something about the ACA — not before.
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive order...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, ride sharing is...
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- In our opinion: Keystone Pipeline... 67
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 57
- Letter: Growing party divide 50
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 44
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 39
- Letter: Speed limit increase 26