It is very difficult to be a Republican at times like this. If you don't fall in line lockstep with the tea party, you are considered a RINO, or a "Republican in name only." For example, if you believe that the GOP members in Congress should soften their stance so that the government shutdown can end, then you are, like me, a RINO.
I think that we Republicans should stop calling each other names and unite. Let's focus on winning elections instead of repealing a bill that we don't have the votes in Congress to repeal. Once the GOP has the Senate, House and White House they can do something about the ACA — not before.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- My view: The dangers of unilateral debt...
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19