It is very difficult to be a Republican at times like this. If you don't fall in line lockstep with the tea party, you are considered a RINO, or a "Republican in name only." For example, if you believe that the GOP members in Congress should soften their stance so that the government shutdown can end, then you are, like me, a RINO.
I think that we Republicans should stop calling each other names and unite. Let's focus on winning elections instead of repealing a bill that we don't have the votes in Congress to repeal. Once the GOP has the Senate, House and White House they can do something about the ACA — not before.
- In our opinion: Despite dip in observance,...
- John Florez: The key to El Paso is understanding
- Turning back the tide of sexual promiscuity...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is doomed
- Kathleen Parker: Karma tastes rich in new,...
- In our opinion: Utah proud to be cutting edge...
- Letter: Constitutional republic
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's...
- In our opinion: People desire fair,... 49
- In our opinion: The public health... 39
- Letter: Constitutional republic 29
- Letter: Utah GOP divided 28
- Richard Davis: Medical marijuana issue... 24
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 23
- Letter: Respect the governor 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 20