It is very difficult to be a Republican at times like this. If you don't fall in line lockstep with the tea party, you are considered a RINO, or a "Republican in name only." For example, if you believe that the GOP members in Congress should soften their stance so that the government shutdown can end, then you are, like me, a RINO.
I think that we Republicans should stop calling each other names and unite. Let's focus on winning elections instead of repealing a bill that we don't have the votes in Congress to repeal. Once the GOP has the Senate, House and White House they can do something about the ACA — not before.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 29