It is very difficult to be a Republican at times like this. If you don't fall in line lockstep with the tea party, you are considered a RINO, or a "Republican in name only." For example, if you believe that the GOP members in Congress should soften their stance so that the government shutdown can end, then you are, like me, a RINO.
I think that we Republicans should stop calling each other names and unite. Let's focus on winning elections instead of repealing a bill that we don't have the votes in Congress to repeal. Once the GOP has the Senate, House and White House they can do something about the ACA — not before.
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 46
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 36