After several days of government shutdown, it should be clear to everyone that having our government involved in health care is a bad idea.
I've heard rumblings of it impacting Social Security. Do you really want a government that enjoys threatening the welfare of our citizens in charge of our health care? Our Congress and our president enjoy using the pain of the people as a political tool. They will enjoy using the health of the people in the same way. This week alone should show everyone what a bad idea government-run health care is.
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 57
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14