After several days of government shutdown, it should be clear to everyone that having our government involved in health care is a bad idea.
I've heard rumblings of it impacting Social Security. Do you really want a government that enjoys threatening the welfare of our citizens in charge of our health care? Our Congress and our president enjoy using the pain of the people as a political tool. They will enjoy using the health of the people in the same way. This week alone should show everyone what a bad idea government-run health care is.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 57
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 37
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 24
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23