On The Money: How to stash cash in money market accounts
A money market account typically offers better interest rates compared to standard interest-paying savings and checking accounts. But this type of account usually comes with terms different from a savings account, such as a specific balance minimum.
If you’d like to learn more about money market accounts, and explore it differs from a money market fund, these sites might prove useful:
—Bankrate.com: Discusses basics on money market accounts, along with pros and cons. http:/// www.bankrate.com/finance/savings/money-market-accounts.aspx
—Financial Web: Compares the differences between a bank money market account and a savings account. http:/// www.finweb.com/banking-credit/general-banking-credit/bank-money-market-account-vs-savings-account.html
—Money Rates: Primer on money market accounts. http:/// www.money-rates.com/basicguides/moneymarket/money-market-accounts-primer.htm
—Nolo: Provides differences between a money market account and money market fund. http:/// www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/money-market-deposit-accounts-mutual-funds-30007.html
—Simple Debt-Free Living: Offers overview of how money market accounts work. http:/// www.simpledebtfreeliving.com/moneymarketaccount.html
©2013 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- Here's a look at the 20 worst jobs of 2015...
- Balancing act: Does parenting bring...
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- The best states in America for balancing work...
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget together
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode Island,...
- Index funds: A low cost way to solid...
- Is the 40-hour workweek falling out of fashion?
- Are schools preparing students for the... 18
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4... 5
- Millennials are more depressed than... 3
- US consumer prices up a slight 0.1... 1
- Renovation Solutions: Top remodeling... 1
- Balancing act: Does parenting bring... 1
- Americans are very unsure about their... 1