After I entered my required zip code in order to send an email to Rep. Jason Chaffetz's website, the site responded with the message; "There are multiple Representatives who share the same 5-digit zip code which was entered. I am only able to accept messages from residents of the 3rd Congressional District of Utah. A 9-digit zip code including the zip+4 extension is required to identify your correct Representative."
This is a very stark demonstration on just how gerrymandered my Salt Lake County neighborhood has become. Why the imposed political injustice on Cottonwood Heights? Were we not rigid enough in our ideology?
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Republicans and Democrats agree, in part, on...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 82
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 49
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36