Rajah Bose, AP
Southern Utah will look to get off to its best start since the team moved to NCAA Division I competition when the Thunderbirds host UC Davis in a Big Sky Conference game at Eccles Coliseum this afternoon.
Southern Utah held off Northern Colorado 27-21 last week to spoil the Bears' homecoming and equal the best record after five games since the 1997 Thunderbird squad started 4-1.
The win gave the Thunderbirds back-to-back road wins and victories in three of four road games this season. SUU has also begun its Big Sky season with wins in the two seasons it has been a member of the conference.
UC Davis broke into the win column for the first time last week but the win was a big one, a 30-13 home victory over Idaho State in both teams' Big Sky opener.
The Aggies began the season with a pair of road losses, 10-7 at South Dakota and 36-7 at Nevada, then lost a pair of home non-conference decisions to Northern Arizona (21-10) and Portland State (41-10).
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28