Rajah Bose, AP
Southern Utah will look to get off to its best start since the team moved to NCAA Division I competition when the Thunderbirds host UC Davis in a Big Sky Conference game at Eccles Coliseum this afternoon.
Southern Utah held off Northern Colorado 27-21 last week to spoil the Bears' homecoming and equal the best record after five games since the 1997 Thunderbird squad started 4-1.
The win gave the Thunderbirds back-to-back road wins and victories in three of four road games this season. SUU has also begun its Big Sky season with wins in the two seasons it has been a member of the conference.
UC Davis broke into the win column for the first time last week but the win was a big one, a 30-13 home victory over Idaho State in both teams' Big Sky opener.
The Aggies began the season with a pair of road losses, 10-7 at South Dakota and 36-7 at Nevada, then lost a pair of home non-conference decisions to Northern Arizona (21-10) and Portland State (41-10).
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- WCC basketball preview
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52