Shame on the radical Republicans and our own Utah delegation for shutting down the federal government and the deceit they used in doing so. I heard many of them state they did not want government to close but they knew that is exactly what would happen if they tried to defund the Affordable Health Care Act. If they don't like the ACA then they should actively try to change it through the legislative process, not by making the country, individual workers and the general economy suffer through a government shutdown.
How sad that so many Utahns listen to and actually believe the hate filled words of the right wing radical talk show hosts. It's even more disturbing that these entertainers have so much sway over the Republican Party.
Hopefully, common sense and moderation will once again embody our Utah delegation. I just hope we can recover from the mess.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25