Shame on the radical Republicans and our own Utah delegation for shutting down the federal government and the deceit they used in doing so. I heard many of them state they did not want government to close but they knew that is exactly what would happen if they tried to defund the Affordable Health Care Act. If they don't like the ACA then they should actively try to change it through the legislative process, not by making the country, individual workers and the general economy suffer through a government shutdown.
How sad that so many Utahns listen to and actually believe the hate filled words of the right wing radical talk show hosts. It's even more disturbing that these entertainers have so much sway over the Republican Party.
Hopefully, common sense and moderation will once again embody our Utah delegation. I just hope we can recover from the mess.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP?
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 30
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 28
- President should not act without... 24