Shame on the radical Republicans and our own Utah delegation for shutting down the federal government and the deceit they used in doing so. I heard many of them state they did not want government to close but they knew that is exactly what would happen if they tried to defund the Affordable Health Care Act. If they don't like the ACA then they should actively try to change it through the legislative process, not by making the country, individual workers and the general economy suffer through a government shutdown.
How sad that so many Utahns listen to and actually believe the hate filled words of the right wing radical talk show hosts. It's even more disturbing that these entertainers have so much sway over the Republican Party.
Hopefully, common sense and moderation will once again embody our Utah delegation. I just hope we can recover from the mess.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- In our opinion: National security and... 78
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 57
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 37
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- My view: Where is our Medicaid expansion? 20