Shame on the radical Republicans and our own Utah delegation for shutting down the federal government and the deceit they used in doing so. I heard many of them state they did not want government to close but they knew that is exactly what would happen if they tried to defund the Affordable Health Care Act. If they don't like the ACA then they should actively try to change it through the legislative process, not by making the country, individual workers and the general economy suffer through a government shutdown.
How sad that so many Utahns listen to and actually believe the hate filled words of the right wing radical talk show hosts. It's even more disturbing that these entertainers have so much sway over the Republican Party.
Hopefully, common sense and moderation will once again embody our Utah delegation. I just hope we can recover from the mess.
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- In our opinion: Western land standoff aside,...
- Jay Evensen: No more rent for inmates —...
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Letter: Right and wrong
- My view: Utah's agriculture industry needs...
- Kathleen Parker: Putin knows in geopolitical...
- Letter: Plenty of danger in e-cigarettes
- Letter: Right and wrong 93
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 67
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 64
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 49
- In our opinion: Confronted by power,... 40
- In our opinion: Western land standoff... 35
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare 28
- John Hoffmire: Why shouldn’t... 28