Shame on the radical Republicans and our own Utah delegation for shutting down the federal government and the deceit they used in doing so. I heard many of them state they did not want government to close but they knew that is exactly what would happen if they tried to defund the Affordable Health Care Act. If they don't like the ACA then they should actively try to change it through the legislative process, not by making the country, individual workers and the general economy suffer through a government shutdown.
How sad that so many Utahns listen to and actually believe the hate filled words of the right wing radical talk show hosts. It's even more disturbing that these entertainers have so much sway over the Republican Party.
Hopefully, common sense and moderation will once again embody our Utah delegation. I just hope we can recover from the mess.
- 10 movies that offended foreign governments
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court delivers...
- Robert Bennett: Shurtleff and Swallow are...
- My view: Amnesty towards border children is...
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should...
- About Utah: Q&A with former Kearns,...
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize...
- Letter: Society values
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 55
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 55
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 51
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 45