Today National Collegiate Athletic Association basketball has a shot clock, but when I was very young they did not. I remember why the NCAA decided to include the shot clock into the game. The problem occurred when teams would jump to a quick lead and would spend the rest of the time trying to run out the clock. It was such a great strategy that many fans and even players would be caught falling asleep before the contest was over. I remember I was always hoping that the game would stay close so that it would be worth watching, even when I was for the team that was the main culprit of slowing down the game.
Being a fan of the Republicans makes me remember those days. When the Republicans have a majority, they do not promote conservative values because they don't have enough of a majority to win and they want to be liked be everyone in hopes of gaining more support. When they are the minority they can't stop anything because they don't have a majority and they still want to be liked by everyone.
Sadly, their fans fall asleep and become bored with their performance and for some reason they never do seem to realize an increase in their fan base. It is tough to get enthusiastic about a team that never really tries to excel after the first five minutes.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Letter: American billionaires
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 30
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 29
- President should not act without... 26
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 25