Political parties and the mainstream media have too much power already. Count My Vote would give them even more power. That is why they support it. Our caucus, which balances this power, recently set new records for citizen participation. The political parties and the media see this as a threat to their dominance, as well they should.
Political parties and the media don't care about us. They look out for their own interests. When it comes to making good decisions, I trust my friends and neighbors much more than the politicians and media. Please do not sign the Count My Vote petition. Do not transfer more power to the powerful.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...