Q: As a true sophomore, how would you evaluate your transition to the college game?
A: "I definitely feel a lot more confident, just having the whole experience last year and then having this whole offseason to really work on everything. I just feel a lot more confident."
Q: How much better can you get?
A: "I think every week I can get better. I've just got to make sure I keep on taking care of the football and make sure I'm still making plays with the throwing and running game."
Q: What kind of impact has co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Brian Johnson had on you?
A: "He's helped me a lot. He's always been there. He's helped teach me what I need to correct and what I'm doing good at. He's definitely been a good mentor."
Q: How about new co-offensive coordinator Dennis Erickson?
A: "He has definitely just brought a whole new confidence in me. He's really just helped me go through reads and know where I should go with the football, and he's definitely just been a great person to go and talk to, too, if I need somebody."
Q: The UCLA game next week will be especially emotional for you, considering the death of your best friend Nick Pasquale (who was a wide receiver for the Bruins). What are your thoughts?
A:"It's definitely going to be a big game. I met a lot of the players at Nick's service, so it's definitely going to be an exciting game and I'm really happy I get to represent Nick, too."
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- Cougars looking for special season with...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- BYU football: Receiver Nick Kurtz poised for...
- Dick Harmon: How much swagger BYU finds after...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 84
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 62
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 28
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 26
- Morning links: Can Cougars snap... 25