HIGHLAND 16, CLEARFIELD 8: Viliami Sekona carried the ball 23 times for 137 yards and a touchdown to lead Highland to the region victory. The Rams struck early and held Clearfield scoreless through the first three quarters of play.
EAST 76, CYPRUS 28: East opened the game with a 94-yard kickoff return by Preston Curtis, and continued its reign of terror Friday night in the lopsided win at Cyprus. Ula Tolutau rushed for three touchdowns and Lorenzo Manu added a pair of rushing scores for the Leopards. Isaac Valles had two passing TDs on the night.
WOODS CROSS 22, BOUNTIFUL 14: Brandon Kinsey scored on a 96-yard kick return and then Xequille Harry added an 80-yard touchdown reception as Woods Cross capitalized on big plays to knock off rival Bountiful for the second year in a row.
CORNER CANYON 35, TIMPANOGOS 7: Corner Canyon's Riley Ogden rushed for 156 yards and two TDs on 25 carries, while Michael Ebeling added three more rushing TDs to power the home team over Timpanogos. Gaige Kartchner tallied 11 tackles and four sacks, while Weston Minnick added eight tackles and a sack to lead the Chargers.
OLYMPUS 49, OREM 20: Olympus steamrolled the Tigers to bounce back from last week's disappointing loss to Corner Canyon.
TIMPVIEW 55, MAPLE MOUNTAIN 17: The T-Birds jumped out to an early and then cruised to the region victory.
SPRINGVILLE 41, WASATCH 22: Springville jumped out to a big lead and cruised to victory in the second half against Wasatch. Garrett Clark's two scores set the pace for the Red Devils.
NORTH SUMMIT 21, SOUTH SEVIER 7: North Summit fell behind 7-0 and then scored 21 unanswered points to come away with the road victory against South Sevier.
OGDEN 20, BEN LOMOND 17: The Tigers grabbed an early lead and then held on for the nonregion victory against winless rival Ben Lomond.
KEARNS 42, FREMONT 41: Amone Finau was the saving grace for Kearns, returning a kick 95 yards with 12 seconds remaining to give the home side the narrow victory. Daniel Tapusoa finished with 207 yards rushing with three touchdowns, while quarterback Bailey Floyd tossed a pair of scores for the Cougars.
DUCHESNE 34, KANAB 21: Duchesne's 21-point second quarter helped the home team escape with the win. Matt Muir rushed for 173 yards and two TDs, Dylan Despain added 184 more yards on the ground, and Trent Roberts totaled 98 yards rushing to power the home team.
DIAMOND RANCH 21, ALTAMONT 0:
RICH 20, MONTICELLO 19: Rich scored 13 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to escape with the narrow victory over Monticello. Austin Maloy ran for two TDs to lead the Buckaroos in the loss.
MONUMENT VALLEY 13, NEWCOMB, N.M. 0: Ater a slow first half, the Cougars got on the board to secure the victory.
TABIONA 24, PINNACLE 1: The Tigers combined for 29 hits in the win over Pinnacle.
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass, Cougars'...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much money...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Breaking down UMass, BYU basketball's next...
- BYU football: Cougars have gotten solid...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 193
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 54
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 51
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 45