PINE VIEW 16, DESERT HILLS 10: Pano Tiatia rushed for 75 yards on 24 carries, and Kody Wilstead ran the decisive touchdown with under three minutes remaining in the game. The Pine View defense finished with three interceptions, including one for a 27 yard touchdown.
DIXIE 41, HURRICANE 20: Ammon Takau went 25-for-30 through the air for 347 yards with three touchdowns to lead Dixie past Hurricane at home. Drew Batchelor rushed three times for 73 yards and a score, and hauled in six catches for 93 yards and a TD. Andy Appel had six catches for 114 yards and a TD for the Flyers.
SYRACUSE 28, LAYTON 7: The Syracuse defense helped the team jump out to an early lead and hold on for the road victory over Layton. Kavika Fonua led the way out of the backfield with two TDs for the Titans.
TAYLORSVILLE 24, GRANGER 21: Emilio Salvador had a pair of Taylorsville touchdowns, and the Warriors nailed a late field goal to earn their first region win of the season.
HILLCREST 43, WEST 23: The Hillcrest Huskies put 43 points up on the board to earn the region victory against West. Tanner Thompson led the way with four touchdown passes for the Huskies who secured their first win of the season.
BINGHAM 42, WEST JORDAN 0: Kyle Gearig rushed for the game's opening score and threw another three touchdowns to help Bingham cruise by region foe West Jordan. Dalton Schultz hauled in a pair of TDs for the Miners, who improved to 6-0 on the season.
BRIGHTON 38, ALTA 28: Brighton claimed a 10-point lead at the break and held on in the second half to defeat region foe Alta. Osa Masina was a beast for the Bengals, hitting pay dirt four times.
JORDAN 42, COPPER HILLS 0: Austin Kafentzis threw a pair of touchdowns and rushed for another pair of scores to lead Jordan to the lopsided win over Copper Hills. Clay Moss also finished the night with a pair of TDs as the Beetdiggers started its region campaign on the right foot.
LONE PEAK 21, AMERICAN FORK 14: Despite its perfect region record, American Fork allowed a late Lone Peak score in the Happy Valley showdown. The Knights in turn picked up their first region win of the season.
RIVERTON 38, PLEASANT GROVE 7: Facing a 7-7 tie at the end of the first quarter, Riverton scored 31 unanswered points to blow past Pleasant Grove on the road. Cameron Christiansen and Paden Cayias both broke the plane twice to power the visiting team.
HERRIMAN 47, WESTLAKE 14: Herriman and its powerful offense dismantled Westlake to earn another region victory. Brandon Farmer set the pace for the Mustangs, rushing for three TDs in the blowout win.
BOX ELDER 49, ROY 35: Box Elder's strong third quarter and offensive performance helped the visiting team come away with a region victory against the Royals. Shad Watson rushed for three touchdowns to lead the Bees.
LOGAN 56, BONNEVILLE 23: Logan started the game with 28 unanswered points, then cruised from there for the region victory.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48