Richard Drew, Associated Press
Violin Memory Inc. shares fell sharply in the flash storage maker's market debut.
The Mountain View, Calif., company raised $162 million. It priced its initial public offering of 18 million shares at $9 per share. That was the midpoint of the expected range of $8 to $10.
Violin Memory Inc. shares fell $1.53, or 17.1 percent to $7.47 in midday trading Friday.
The stock is trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "VMEM".
The company has granted underwriters an option to buy up to 2.7 million additional shares to cover overallotments.
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Google taking steps toward robot creation
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view milestone;...
- UTA's six-person group pass is here for the...
- 'Intern Queen' to share advice on college...
- Intermountain Healthcare offering benefits to...
- Green energy option in Logan points to a need...
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah... 3