Richard Drew, Associated Press
Violin Memory Inc. shares fell sharply in the flash storage maker's market debut.
The Mountain View, Calif., company raised $162 million. It priced its initial public offering of 18 million shares at $9 per share. That was the midpoint of the expected range of $8 to $10.
Violin Memory Inc. shares fell $1.53, or 17.1 percent to $7.47 in midday trading Friday.
The stock is trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "VMEM".
The company has granted underwriters an option to buy up to 2.7 million additional shares to cover overallotments.
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- WestJet airline video goes viral as Santa...
- The Grand America and the Flower Patch: Once...
- Young adults are faced with risky decision to...
- 2 financial goals you should revisit every year
- Utah gas prices among lowest in nation
- University of Utah Health Care's AirMed puts...
- Are Americans investing or speculating on a...
- The American Dream is still alive for... 11
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies,... 8
- Young adults are faced with risky... 7
- WestJet airline video goes viral as... 4
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and... 3
- The Grand America and the Flower Patch:... 3