For a Photoshopped world: 50 lessons I want to teach my daughter
I have a daughter.
Its changed everything. My gorgeous, rough and tumble boys — I love them as hard as they love all things mud, dirt and mortal combat. But raising a girl — I ache to give her a head start in this Pinterest, Photoshopped world.
I wont get it perfect, but dang if Im not going to give it a wild and wonderful go.
Editor's note: This piece, by Lisa-Jo Baker, originally appeared on her blog, LisaJoBaker.com. It has been reprinted here with permission. Visit her blog to see the complete list of 100 Things I Want to Teach My Daughter.
- Why 'The Giver' is more relevant than...
- The Clean Cut: 99-year-old woman sews nearly...
- Father of 4 Roger Federer gives...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- No ring, no problem for these 10 guys
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Excerpt from 'The...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of Utah...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Excerpt from 'The... 32
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS... 27
- How to eat on just $4 a day 16
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common... 14
- Here's what you can do to protect your... 14
- Let kids play outside alone? It should... 10
- Hey moms: Your neighbor's religion... 9