For a Photoshopped world: 50 lessons I want to teach my daughter
I have a daughter.
Its changed everything. My gorgeous, rough and tumble boys — I love them as hard as they love all things mud, dirt and mortal combat. But raising a girl — I ache to give her a head start in this Pinterest, Photoshopped world.
I wont get it perfect, but dang if Im not going to give it a wild and wonderful go.
Editor's note: This piece, by Lisa-Jo Baker, originally appeared on her blog, LisaJoBaker.com. It has been reprinted here with permission. Visit her blog to see the complete list of 100 Things I Want to Teach My Daughter.
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- The problems grandparents face when...
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy era
- A letter to my boys: The real reason I say no...
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 6
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 6
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy... 5
- Schooled by autism: 5 lessons from my... 3
- Ask Mr. Dad: How to handle stress of... 2
- Sherry Young: Protecting our family in... 2
- What causes do men care about? Kids and... 1
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof... 1