For a Photoshopped world: 50 lessons I want to teach my daughter
I have a daughter.
Its changed everything. My gorgeous, rough and tumble boys — I love them as hard as they love all things mud, dirt and mortal combat. But raising a girl — I ache to give her a head start in this Pinterest, Photoshopped world.
I wont get it perfect, but dang if Im not going to give it a wild and wonderful go.
Editor's note: This piece, by Lisa-Jo Baker, originally appeared on her blog, LisaJoBaker.com. It has been reprinted here with permission. Visit her blog to see the complete list of 100 Things I Want to Teach My Daughter.
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- The Clean Cut: Military father surprises...
- 42 ways to make your kids feel absolutely loved
- 10 compliments your kids need to hear
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Stuart Edge, Alex Boye, other Utah artists...
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 24
- Things that changed my view of marriage... 24
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 15
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith... 12
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- 42 ways to make your kids feel... 7
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 6
- Woman's happiness most important to... 5