After urging 400 teens who trashed home to come forward, former NFL player pursuing charges
Michael Hill, Associated Press
ALBANY, N.Y. — Former NFL offensive lineman Brian Holloway, whose second home in upstate New York was trashed by partying teens earlier this month, said Thursday he is now pursuing charges.
Holloway said that after waiting more than three weeks for trespassing teens to take responsibility, he signed papers authorizing the sheriff to bring charges in the Labor Day weekend party that drew up to 400 youths.
"Everyone that broke the law, I'm pressing charges against," Holloway told The Associated Press. "The parents had a chance and students had chance to come forward, and only four did."
The Rensselaer County sheriff's office said no charges had been filed in the case as of Thursday morning.
Holloway, who played offensive tackle for the New England Patriots and Los Angeles Raiders in the 1980s, gained national attention by reposting party pictures the teens had put up on social media sites. Holloway said he posted them on the website helpmesave300.com in an effort to get the teens to come forward, take responsibility for their actions and change their behavior.
Instead, he said, some parents were angry about his website and there was even a threatened lawsuit.
"I made the best effort I can to communicate," he said.
Holloway has said the partiers caused at least $20,000 in damage to his rural vacation home near the Massachusetts border, including broken windows and holes in the wall.
He said Thursday he would leave it to the authorities to decide on proper charges, but he expects "waves" of arrests in the coming months.
- Utah humanitarian aid worker returns from...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- A place with a view: Inside NYC's tallest...
- Cause sought for space-supply rocket explosion
- Gunfire, arrests erupt as Giants fans revel...
- New dynasty: Giants capture 3rd title in 5 years
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US criticism
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution is not...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 24
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 13
- News Guide: A look at latest Ebola... 9