After urging 400 teens who trashed home to come forward, former NFL player pursuing charges
Michael Hill, Associated Press
ALBANY, N.Y. — Former NFL offensive lineman Brian Holloway, whose second home in upstate New York was trashed by partying teens earlier this month, said Thursday he is now pursuing charges.
Holloway said that after waiting more than three weeks for trespassing teens to take responsibility, he signed papers authorizing the sheriff to bring charges in the Labor Day weekend party that drew up to 400 youths.
"Everyone that broke the law, I'm pressing charges against," Holloway told The Associated Press. "The parents had a chance and students had chance to come forward, and only four did."
The Rensselaer County sheriff's office said no charges had been filed in the case as of Thursday morning.
Holloway, who played offensive tackle for the New England Patriots and Los Angeles Raiders in the 1980s, gained national attention by reposting party pictures the teens had put up on social media sites. Holloway said he posted them on the website helpmesave300.com in an effort to get the teens to come forward, take responsibility for their actions and change their behavior.
Instead, he said, some parents were angry about his website and there was even a threatened lawsuit.
"I made the best effort I can to communicate," he said.
Holloway has said the partiers caused at least $20,000 in damage to his rural vacation home near the Massachusetts border, including broken windows and holes in the wall.
He said Thursday he would leave it to the authorities to decide on proper charges, but he expects "waves" of arrests in the coming months.
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- Photo gallery: Remembering Katrina 10 years...
- The 25 most educated cities in America: Where...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump over...
- Planned Parenthood alleges 'smear' in letter...
- Ex-NBA star Darryl Dawkins, aka 'Chocolate...
- Roy dancer impresses 'So You Think You Can...
- Video: Bush returns to New Orleans for 10th...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 76
- Trump starts new media feud with... 36
- What keeps teachers from staying in the... 34
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- USC's Steve Sarkisian apologizes for... 17
- Planned Parenthood alleges 'smear' in... 17
- Trump says he's proud he booted... 16
- Fired reporter kills 2 former... 16