The peaceful and scenic area in Daviess County, Mo., known as Adam-ondi-Ahman was identified by the Prophet Joseph Smith. He personally was living in Caldwell County, immediately south of Daviess County, but he envisioned a city and stake of Zion at Adam-ondi-Ahman. There the Prophet laid out a city, called a stake president and chose a spot for a temple to be built.
Within a very short period of time, however, conflicts with local residents led to the evacuation of most members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from Daviess County, and Joseph's plans were not realized.
The views seen here show the site that Joseph Smith selected to be the place where a temple would have been built had the Saints not left the county and, eventually, the state.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- DJ Kaskade talks about sticking to LDS...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in Salt...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 288
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 123
- Religious groups react to Boy... 70
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 42
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 25
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces first... 14
- ... 10