Miss Nevada Teen 2010, now serving Mormon mission, shares LDS conversion story
I love this church because it gives meaning to everything I do. Before this I felt like I was floating through life — doing nothing too profound, yet nothing too bad. I tried to find happiness in many things. In high school, after I won the Miss Teen Nevada competition, I thought surely this would define me and make me happy — yet I was still miserable. I joined a sorority in college only to drop it two weeks later. I was searching for happiness every place I could. The restored gospel provides a happiness that is not fleeting. I don't want to live to just be a Mormon; I want being a Mormon to bring light to everything else I do. We can search for happiness in the world, and for a season it may work. If we search for happiness in this gospel, it will not fade but only grow stronger. I don't want to just go through the motions. I don't want to look back and wish I could have served the Lord better or opened my eyes to the miracles taking place around me.
I want to serve a mission because I know what has been sacrificed for me and given to me. I want to serve a mission because I now have the knowledge to teach others how they can enjoy eternal life. If only one person accepts my message and joins this beautiful church, then all the sacrifices will be worthwhile.
I know this church is true, but not because two missionaries told me so. I know this church is true because I swallowed my pride. I humbled myself. I spent countless nights on my knees in prayer asking the Lord if it was true. I have listened to the teachings of the President Monson. I have read the Book of Mormon. This church has changed my life forever. I never want to be mediocre. I never want to look back on my life and wish I could have loved deeper or served better. This church has shown me to look at people and see their divine potential. I am so thankful for my beautiful parents, my wonderful family and all of the wonderful people that have helped me get to this point in my earthly existence. Surrender your life to God. In return He will bless you far beyond what you could have ever dreamed possible. God's plan for us is far more beautiful than any plan our minds could ever conjure.
In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Sister Audrey Denison
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS missionaries meet London teen battling...
- Mormon mission president held, robbed by...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 11
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 10
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- 5 must-see answers to faith's biggest... 7
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 6