Letter: Count My Vote initiative will lead to much wider and enthusiastic voter participation
Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
I am an independent, but I have voted Republican by a large majority my entire life. I plan to sign the initiative petition being supported by Count My Vote. Furthermore, I plan to vote in favor of the initiative in the elections in 2014.
In my view, I see the opposition by the Republican party leadership to the initiative as an effort to maintain political power of the few through the unfair caucus/convention system as it exists.
I see Count My Vote and the initiative as an effort to open the political process to all the people of the state of Utah. It will lead to a direct primary vote for all qualifying candidates. Furthermore, I am convinced that the initiative will lead to much wider and enthusiastic voter participation and turnout.
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- My view: Problems with Rep. Mike Noel’s...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 57
- Letter: Fair living wage 33
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 29
- In our opinion: Time to separate food... 25
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- Letter: We can do better 22