Letter: Count My Vote initiative will lead to much wider and enthusiastic voter participation
Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
I am an independent, but I have voted Republican by a large majority my entire life. I plan to sign the initiative petition being supported by Count My Vote. Furthermore, I plan to vote in favor of the initiative in the elections in 2014.
In my view, I see the opposition by the Republican party leadership to the initiative as an effort to maintain political power of the few through the unfair caucus/convention system as it exists.
I see Count My Vote and the initiative as an effort to open the political process to all the people of the state of Utah. It will lead to a direct primary vote for all qualifying candidates. Furthermore, I am convinced that the initiative will lead to much wider and enthusiastic voter participation and turnout.
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Letter: Growing party divide
- In our opinion: Smoking aside, Utah can still...
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, ride sharing is...
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- Kathleen Parker: Pope Francis calls for a...
- My view: Education is the key to our state's...
- In our opinion: Keystone Pipeline... 66
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- In our opinion: A Supreme missed... 58
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 49
- Dave Folland: No more excuses on... 44
- Letter: Growing party divide 43
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 35