Nomaan Merchant, Associated Press
CORSICANA, Texas — A grandfather discovered the lifeless bodies of his three grandchildren, his son and daughter-in-law at their home in North Texas.
Navarro County Sheriff Elmer Tanner said Monday that the victims were shot and the deaths are being investigated as murder-suicide.
Tanner says the man discovered the bodies of Israel Alvarez and Guadalupe Ronquillo-Ovalle with their children on Sunday night. A rifle was recovered from the home near Rice, 40 miles southeast of Dallas.
The children were aged 10, 8 and 4, and their parents were both 33-years-old.
Records show Alvarez was arrested Sept. 11 on a misdemeanor family violence charge. He was accused of shoving his wife and taking her phone because he thought she talked to another man. Alvarez pleaded no contest, paid a $367 fine and was freed.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- US tobacco growers brace for tougher competition
- Top 15 states for education
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- School police stock up on free military gear
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 68
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 10
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 6