I was saddened (however, not shocked) by the recent article published by Deseret News about Common Core and the results of a survey performed by the School Improvement Network ("Survey shows parent, educator support of Common Core," Sept. 15).
The article is misleading and one-sided. Yes, there is support for Common Core. Yes, there is opposition to Common Core. But more importantly, there is a vast amount of information that needs to be shared from both sides so that parents and educators can make informed decisions. As a public informant, I would hope that the Deseret News would take the responsibility of researching and publishing information from both sides of the issue, not just regurgitate the government propaganda (obvious from the wording of the article).
- My view: Obama has you cornered with K-12...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Letter: Human body
- My view: Use of force debate should recognize...
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog is gone
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A more...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Five principles to help guide public... 102
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 67
- Letter: Human body 40
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 38
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 16
- Robert J. Samuelson: The trouble with... 15
- Drew Clark: We need to consider... 15
- Letter: Transportation component 11