I was saddened (however, not shocked) by the recent article published by Deseret News about Common Core and the results of a survey performed by the School Improvement Network ("Survey shows parent, educator support of Common Core," Sept. 15).
The article is misleading and one-sided. Yes, there is support for Common Core. Yes, there is opposition to Common Core. But more importantly, there is a vast amount of information that needs to be shared from both sides so that parents and educators can make informed decisions. As a public informant, I would hope that the Deseret News would take the responsibility of researching and publishing information from both sides of the issue, not just regurgitate the government propaganda (obvious from the wording of the article).
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Drew Clark: The right to be forgiven, not...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 37
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24