I was saddened (however, not shocked) by the recent article published by Deseret News about Common Core and the results of a survey performed by the School Improvement Network ("Survey shows parent, educator support of Common Core," Sept. 15).
The article is misleading and one-sided. Yes, there is support for Common Core. Yes, there is opposition to Common Core. But more importantly, there is a vast amount of information that needs to be shared from both sides so that parents and educators can make informed decisions. As a public informant, I would hope that the Deseret News would take the responsibility of researching and publishing information from both sides of the issue, not just regurgitate the government propaganda (obvious from the wording of the article).
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 41
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26