I was saddened (however, not shocked) by the recent article published by Deseret News about Common Core and the results of a survey performed by the School Improvement Network ("Survey shows parent, educator support of Common Core," Sept. 15).
The article is misleading and one-sided. Yes, there is support for Common Core. Yes, there is opposition to Common Core. But more importantly, there is a vast amount of information that needs to be shared from both sides so that parents and educators can make informed decisions. As a public informant, I would hope that the Deseret News would take the responsibility of researching and publishing information from both sides of the issue, not just regurgitate the government propaganda (obvious from the wording of the article).
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 45
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 33