I was saddened (however, not shocked) by the recent article published by Deseret News about Common Core and the results of a survey performed by the School Improvement Network ("Survey shows parent, educator support of Common Core," Sept. 15).
The article is misleading and one-sided. Yes, there is support for Common Core. Yes, there is opposition to Common Core. But more importantly, there is a vast amount of information that needs to be shared from both sides so that parents and educators can make informed decisions. As a public informant, I would hope that the Deseret News would take the responsibility of researching and publishing information from both sides of the issue, not just regurgitate the government propaganda (obvious from the wording of the article).
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 26
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 20
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 17